Nuclear physics exercises translation from Dutch to English

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Google translator for translating exercises and the possibility of finding a translator for physics texts. The speaker mentions using Wikipedia for specific physical terms and the preference for using English on the forum. The conversation ends with a statement that the forum does not generally translate entire passages.
JD_PM
Google translator does not really help me translating these exercises. May you help me out?

If this is not the site I should I ask for translation of physics texts, may you tell me where should I ask for that?

Captura de pantalla (480).png

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (480).png
    Captura de pantalla (480).png
    56.6 KB · Views: 693
Physics news on Phys.org
For the Dutch part I would search for a translator via google, the search key being 'English <> Dutch' or 'Nederlands <> English'.
I usually use Wikipedia for specific physical terms, i.e. choose the language I know, call the Wikipedia page and then look for the target language by switching to it.

We generally do not translate, at least not to this extend. The forum language is English. This doesn't mean that we completely ignore other languages, e.g. to compare terms in different languages, translate single words or just speak about them. To translate entire passages, however, is a different task.

Thread closed.

Likes JD_PM

1. What is nuclear physics?

Nuclear physics is a branch of physics that studies the properties and behavior of atomic nuclei. It involves the study of nuclear reactions, nuclear energy, and the structure of atomic nuclei.

2. Why is translation from Dutch to English important in nuclear physics exercises?

Translation from Dutch to English is important in nuclear physics exercises because a lot of research and literature in this field is published in Dutch. In order to fully understand and utilize this information, it is necessary to accurately translate it into English.

3. What are some common challenges in translating nuclear physics exercises from Dutch to English?

Some common challenges in translating nuclear physics exercises from Dutch to English include unfamiliar terminology, complex scientific concepts, and differences in sentence structure and grammar between the two languages.

4. How can translation errors affect the accuracy of nuclear physics exercises?

Translation errors can significantly impact the accuracy of nuclear physics exercises. Incorrect translations can lead to misunderstandings and misinterpretations of scientific data, which can have serious consequences in the field of nuclear physics.

5. What are some strategies for ensuring accurate translation in nuclear physics exercises?

Some strategies for ensuring accurate translation in nuclear physics exercises include working with translators who have a strong background in both Dutch and English, consulting with experts in the field to clarify any complex concepts, and carefully proofreading and editing the translated material for accuracy.