Number of alerts in browser tabs misaligned

• Bug
  • Thread starter Bandersnatch
  • Start date
In summary, the misalignment of alerts in browser tabs is most commonly caused by a browser extension or plugin, a bug in the browser itself, or a conflicting script on the webpage. To fix this issue, try disabling extensions or plugins, clearing cache and cookies, or using a different browser or updating the current one. The issue may only appear on certain websites due to conflicting coding or design, or a bug on the website. Device or operating system compatibility can also affect alert alignment. While there is no guaranteed solution, keeping browsers and extensions up to date, clearing cache and cookies, and avoiding incompatible websites can help prevent this issue.
Bandersnatch
Science Advisor
A minor cosmetic issue.
The number of alerts appearing on the PF icon in tabs is offset from the red background, as seen in the picture below:
pf error.PNG

I'm using the latest Firefox running on Win10.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
hmmmm here is what I see using 50.1.0

ff.png

1. What is the cause of the number of alerts in browser tabs being misaligned?

The most common cause of this issue is a browser extension or plugin that is interfering with the tab display. It could also be caused by a bug in the browser itself or a conflicting script on the webpage.

2. How can I fix the misaligned alerts in my browser tabs?

To fix this issue, try disabling any browser extensions or plugins that you have installed. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or restarting your browser. If the problem persists, try using a different browser or updating your current browser to the latest version.

3. Why do I only see the misaligned alerts on certain websites?

This could be due to the specific coding or design of the website, which may be conflicting with your browser or its settings. It is also possible that the website itself has a bug or glitch that is causing the alerts to misalign.

4. Can my device or operating system affect the alignment of the alerts in my browser tabs?

In some cases, yes. If you are using an older or outdated device or operating system, it may not be fully compatible with the latest updates and technology used by websites and browsers. This could result in misaligned alerts or other display issues.

5. Is there a way to prevent this issue from happening in the future?

While there is no foolproof way to prevent this issue from ever happening again, there are a few steps you can take to minimize the chances of it occurring. These include keeping your browser and its extensions/plugins up to date, clearing your cache and cookies regularly, and avoiding visiting websites that have known compatibility issues with your browser.