Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Older female as a kid.

1. Jul 3, 2012 #1

turbo

Gold Member

When I was a kid, my parents would hire a babysitter ~5 years older than me. She would bring over her little Victrola and a small stack of 45's and after she ran my sisters off to bed, she would teach me dance moves that she learned from the TV shows.

Years later, when I was in JHS, she would snag me and "make" me dance with her to older songs. She was a tiny little thing with a curvy butt, so that wasn't much of a chore. To be in the 7th-8th grades with a cute HS cheerleader hauling me out onto the dance-floor... Not such a bad thing.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2012 #2
    Are you reminiscing? What brought that on. :)
    I never had a hot baby sitter to dance with when I was a kid, let alone a baby sitter.
    I now feel neglected. All I had to entertain myself with was a stick. hha ha joke

4. Jul 6, 2012 #3

turbo

Gold Member

I had learned about an illness in her family, and it made me think of her. A very sweet young woman. Actually, she's probably 65 now, but that's beside the point. I had some jealous male class-mates back in the 60s at dances.

5. Jul 6, 2012 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Dancing? I'm not sure I've heard of this phenomenon. Where can I find such a thing?

But seriously, I've danced only a bit more than I've jumped off bridges. Which I've never done. Some people have two left feet. When it comes to dancing I have no feet.

6. Jul 6, 2012 #5
    Same here but that shouldn't stop you.Get up and do some dad dancing.You will probably enjoy it.:rofl:

7. Jul 6, 2012 #6
    Oh. And they most likely still are.

Thought of this,

8. Jul 6, 2012 #7

Drakkith

Dad dancing?

9. Jul 6, 2012 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

This anecdote sounds very familiar. Her name wasn't Fanny was it? :approve:

10. Jul 6, 2012 #9

turbo

Gold Member

Nope - Bunny. I think her given name might have been Bernadine/Bernadette. She was always Bunny to me.

11. Jul 6, 2012 #10

DaveC426913

Gold Member

You didn't follow the link... :frown:

12. Jul 6, 2012 #11

turbo

Gold Member

Yes I did. She was not a fat bottomed girl, though. Just tiny, cute, and pleasantly curvy.

13. Jul 6, 2012 #12

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I know, but the other similarities made it too good to pass up.

14. Jul 6, 2012 #13
    I'm 23 and dating a 34 year old, it'll be our one year in a few weeks. Is that relevant to this discussion?

15. Jul 6, 2012 #14

DaveC426913

Gold Member

x= y/2 + 7

x=34
    y=24

Oooh. You're just outside the acceptable range. Sorry. :frown: Look her up in another two years. You'll be 25 and she'll be 36.

16. Jul 7, 2012 #15
    It may be more of a U.K. thing.It's generally seen at family parties where more mature male members get up and dance with an amusing style but which embarasses their children if they are teenagers.You don't have to be a dad or mature to be a dad dancer but ideally you need to be flamboyant and with a total lack of co ordination.

17. Jul 7, 2012 #16

Drakkith

Check, check, and check. I think I could pull it off.

18. Jul 8, 2012 #17

I had a ton of hot baby sitters when I was a kid, unfortunately most of them are married and have kids. I am actually friends with one of them on FB. She just graduated with her PhD as a doctor. She is hot and smart!

19. Jul 19, 2012 #18

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I didnt even know there was such a thing as hot chicks when I was of babysitting age - save perhaps for cornish game hens.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook