What are some good online Bachelor programs for Mathematics?

• Thread starter shrewbeer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematics
In summary, the speaker is a Project Manager who has been successful due to their love of logic but is now looking to switch to something they are passionate about. They are specifically interested in finding a good online Bachelor program for Mathematics that is "grownup" friendly. They have looked at Mercy and Illinois so far and are seeking insight from the online community. They also mention that they are aware of the limitations of online programs. Other potential programs that are mentioned include Indiana University East, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Chadron State University, and Ottawa University.
shrewbeer
Hi All,

After floating around here for a few hours reading some extremely good content, it seems this is a great place to ask my question :) I'm currently a Project Manager and have had great success in the past six years, mostly due to my love of logic; however, I absolutely hate what I do for a living (its the politics... gagh!) and am finally ready to abandon ship in favor of something I love (this is not a whim, it's something I've been looking at for the last year).

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a *good online Bachelor program for Mathematics. I would take Applied Mathematics at my alma (WIT), but they are not really "grownup" friendly with their schedule (I'll need to continue working throughout the transition). I've looked at Mercy, and Illinois so far.

Any insight from the online community? I do see that this has been discussed previously, but did not find anything recent, so wanted to repost the concept for discussion.

*the fact that online is not ideal is fully understood

Thx!

Physics news on Phys.org
by "illinois" i assume you mean u. illinois-springfield?

there's also
indiana university east
u. arkansas-little rock
chadron state university (nebraska)
ottawa u (kansas)

1. What is an online BS in Mathematics?

An online BS in Mathematics is a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics that can be completed entirely online. It is a four-year undergraduate program that provides a comprehensive education in mathematics, including courses in calculus, algebra, statistics, and other advanced topics.

2. What are the benefits of pursuing an online BS in Mathematics?

Some of the benefits of pursuing an online BS in Mathematics include flexibility, as online programs allow you to complete coursework on your own schedule; accessibility, as you can access course materials from anywhere with an internet connection; and cost-effectiveness, as online programs often have lower tuition fees compared to traditional on-campus programs.

3. What kind of career opportunities can I pursue with an online BS in Mathematics?

An online BS in Mathematics can lead to a variety of career opportunities in fields such as finance, data analysis, education, and research. Graduates with this degree can become mathematicians, statisticians, data analysts, actuaries, or teachers, among other options. They can also pursue graduate studies in mathematics or related fields.

4. Is an online BS in Mathematics as rigorous as a traditional on-campus program?

Yes, an online BS in Mathematics is just as rigorous as a traditional on-campus program. The same curriculum and learning outcomes are covered, and the degree is awarded by the same accredited institution. The only difference is the delivery method, as online programs use technology to deliver course materials and facilitate student-teacher interactions.

5. What are the admission requirements for an online BS in Mathematics?

The admission requirements for an online BS in Mathematics may vary depending on the institution. Generally, applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and meet minimum GPA and test score requirements. Some programs may also require specific math courses or placement exams. It is best to check with the specific institution for their specific admission requirements.