Online Physics Class: Find an Affordable Course

In summary, the person is looking for a good online physics course that is not expensive because their school does not offer it and they need it for an engineering program. They are advised to check with other nearby schools and the engineering program to make sure the credit will be accepted. The person providing the information is not familiar with online programs.
hganser
I need to take a physics class next semester inorder to get into an engineering program. It isn't offered at my school so that isn't an option. Are there any good online courses I can take, that aren't really expensive?

Physics news on Phys.org
hganser said:
I need to take a physics class next semester inorder to get into an engineering program. It isn't offered at my school so that isn't an option. Are there any good online courses I can take, that aren't really expensive?

Hi hganser. You might try the "Academic Guidance" forum for questions about what to do in school.

Assuming you are talking about introductory college physics... have you looked at other nearby schools? Is there a community college in your area? Also, be sure to double check with the engineering program you are applying to to make sure they will accept the credit before you sign up for anything. If the engineering program is also nearby, they may be able to recommend a school for you.

I'm not familiar with online programs, but I know my school would not accept transfer credit from them when I was there.

I would recommend looking into online physics courses offered by reputable universities or educational institutions. These courses often have affordable options for students and provide high-quality instruction from experienced professors. Additionally, many of these courses offer interactive components such as virtual labs and discussion forums to enhance the learning experience. I would also suggest researching reviews and ratings from previous students to ensure the course meets your needs and expectations. It is important to note that online courses may require a strong self-discipline and time management skills to successfully complete the course. However, with dedication and effort, online physics courses can be a great option for students looking to fulfill their academic requirements.

What is an online physics class?

An online physics class is a course on the subject of physics that is taught through the internet instead of in a traditional classroom setting. Students are able to access course materials, lectures, and assignments through an online platform.

How do I find an affordable online physics class?

To find an affordable online physics class, you can research different universities, colleges, or online learning platforms that offer physics courses. You can also look for courses that offer financial aid or scholarships to help cover the cost of tuition.

What topics are typically covered in an online physics class?

An online physics class will cover a range of topics including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics. The specific topics covered may vary depending on the level of the course.

Do I need any special equipment for an online physics class?

Most online physics classes will not require any special equipment. However, some courses may require students to have access to a scientific calculator or a computer with internet access. It is important to review the course requirements before enrolling.

Can I get the same quality education from an online physics class as I would in a traditional classroom?

Yes, many online physics classes are taught by experienced and qualified instructors who are able to provide the same quality education as a traditional classroom setting. However, it is important to research the institution or organization offering the course to ensure it is reputable and accredited.