Our Beautiful Universe - Photos and Videos

Hi I attach some new sun images (now there was not any sunspots-it is just error artefacts) I try with ISO 100,1600 and exposure sompensation -2 and 2. Exp time was varying from 1/50- 1/400.

Have nice days :smile::smile:

Attachments

davenn

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi I attach some new sun images (now there was not any sunspots-it is just error artefacts) I try with ISO 100,1600 and exposure sompensation -2 and 2. Exp time was varying from 1/50- 1/400.

Good continued attempts
unfortunately there's still lots of dirt/dust marks. And as you say, none of the "spots" are actually sunspots
I think you need to figure out a better attachment of the camera ( or as I suggest below ... a better camera
more suitable for this sort of imaging) to the scope so that you see the full disk of the sun so that you can
avoid this sort of thing .....

226966-73b23dfcbfd490785c37ac4a76f67050.jpg

I looked through the user manual for you camera and yeah, not really a suitable camera for his sort of activity.
The lack of being able to do any sort of manual control the camera focus etc, is seriously limiting what you can
achieve and it means that trying to get an image with decent focus is pretty much impossible.
I can now see why it has always been a struggle for you in your past images you have posted.

I would highly recommend buying a DSLR camera, one that the lens can be removed and you can then couple
the camera to the scope with a T-ring adaptor ( think I showed you one before?). Then you are going to see
a huge improvement in your astro imaging. I can promise you, the effort and cost will be well worth it !

Doesn't have to be a new camera ( you may not be able to afford that??) Go to second hand shops, or camera
shops and see if they have any trade-ins. A good chance you may pick up a Pentax, Canon or a Nikon quite cheaply....
several 100 euro. probably something very respectable for less than 400 euro.

Honestly, it's what you need to do if you really want to advance way beyond the very limited capabilities of
that camera. For daytime family / holiday snaps, it's ideal but for astronomy imaging, not good

cheers
Dave

Hi Dave and thank you for evaluation and advices. Ii is true and I will look for this type of DSLR camera(-I now this attachment but I can not buy new one now) . Concerning focus I have two Hyperion eyepieces , 8 and 5 mm
while with 5 one whole sun disc can not fit to view and with 8 one it just fit without any reserve space around-as S6 image). With DSLR camera connected you can zoomed and anti-zoomed ?
Thank you again and have nice day