Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Home
In summary, "In summary, the conversation covers a variety of topics related to cats, including their names (Pepper and Pickle), their behavior, and their gender. The participants also discuss their love for cats and compare them to dogs, with some preferring cats and others preferring dogs. They also touch on the genetics of cat fur color and share personal stories and experiences with cats.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
These are our two cats, the black one is Pepper, the other one is pickle as you can see they both make sure they are comfortable.
As you can see the pics are not very good as i am getting used to my camera.

Attachments

• SAM_0171.JPG
    SAM_0171.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 432
  • SAM_0174.JPG
    SAM_0174.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 445
Likes Lisa!, Sophia, nrqed and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
I hope the flash didn't wake up Pickle!

Dinner time is the only time pickle wakes up or perhaps a little hunting, apart from that she is either on her radiator bed or upstairs asleep on my bed.

The orange tabby and the black cat are the two most superior forms of cat. So, you have good taste, Wolram.

Likes Sophia
zoobyshoe said:
The orange tabby and the black cat are the two most superior forms of cat. So, you have good taste, Wolram.
It wasn't my chose zooby, if i had my way we would have had a dog, a big dog may be a wolfhound, the cats belong to Kia.

wolram said:
It wasn't my chose zooby, if i had my way we would have had a dog, a big dog may be a wolfhound, the cats belong to Kia.
So you say, but here you are starting a thread about your cats. Admit it: you love them!

Likes gracy, Sophia and wolram
wolram said:
These are our two cats, the black one is Pepper, the other one is pickle as you can see they both make sure they are comfortable.
As you can see the pics are not very good as i am getting used to my camera.
We had two cats like Pickle and Pepper. The orange tabby (male) was named Spencer, and the black tortoise shell (female, black coat with orange and gold) was named Pepper.

Likes wolram
wolram said:
Dinner time is the only time pickle wakes up or perhaps a little hunting, apart from that she is either on her radiator bed or upstairs asleep on my bed.
'She' - are you sure? Female orange tabby cats are unusual. Can you, erm, double-check the gender please :wink:?

Both cats look healthy and comfortable, as cats should. They're beauties!

lisab said:
'She' - are you sure? Female orange tabby cats are unusual. Can you, erm, double-check the gender please :wink:?

I heard once that the fur color is determined by a gene on the cat's X chromosome. A female may double the chance to be yellow or orange because it has 2 X's. This means there are still yellow striped male cats but they are less in number compared to the female population. :-p

zoobyshoe said:
Fully agree!
For some strange reason, men are afraid to admit that they like cats.
But cats are so cool! I never liked them and considered myself a 100% dog person. But once we got Murko, a black male, I totally fell in love with him!
I just love their independence and their facial expressions. And their eyes, especially yellow eyes on a black cat.
When I cuddle with Murko, sometimes I call him my little Star-eye.
And when he was little I used to place him on my shoulder and pretended that I'm a witch lol. He is too big for that now, weep lol

Last edited:
lisab said:

My mistake i should have put he for pickle, pepper is a pain he all ways pinches my chair, it doesn't matter that he has two beds and three other chairs to sit in he all ways goes for where i have been sat. i do love them but i do wish they would not sleep on my legs while in bed.

Silicon Waffle said:
I heard once that the fur color is determined by a gene on the cat's X chromosome. A female may double the chance to be yellow or orange because it has 2 X's. This means there are still yellow striped male cats but they are less in number compared to the female population. :-p

Well now i am confused, i will have to get Kia to confirm what they are:confused::biggrin:

Likes Silicon Waffle
Sophia said:
Fully agree!
For some strange reason, men are afraid to admit that they like cats.
But cats are so cool! I never liked them and considered myself a 100% dog person. But once we got Murko, a black male, I totally fell in love with him!
I just love their independence and their facial expressions. And their eyes, especially yellow eyes on a black cat.
When I cuddle with Murko, sometimes I call him my little Star-eye.
And when he was little I used to place him on my shoulder and pretended that I'm a witch lol. He is too big for that now, weep lol
Generally speaking, I have no use for dogs. There are individual dogs I've met who seem OK, but they're mostly too big, too loud, and too needy. I have always liked cats better.

Likes Sophia
wolram said:
pepper is a pain he all ways pinches my chair, it doesn't matter that he has two beds and three other chairs to sit in he all ways goes for where i have been sat.
Just about every cat I've ever had does that. They don't want the best seat, they want your seat!

zoobyshoe said:
Generally speaking, I have no use for dogs. There are individual dogs I've met who seem OK, but they're mostly too big, too loud, and too needy. I have always liked cats better.

I protest, the dog is mans best friend, before we all became to crumbly to walk dogs we all ways had one and they were all loyal and trustworthy.

wolram said:
I protest, the dog is mans best friend, before we all became to crumbly to walk dogs we all ways had one and they were all loyal and trustworthy.
I know, everyone loves dogs. I'm the exception.

Dogs are cool, too! I don't think one is better than the other.
Dogs are great companions and helpers and they always show you love when you need it :) I love them, too!
Cats are great for just observing their beauty and guessing what they think. They are mysterious. I don't think they are evil at all! They just won't be your slaves. There are also many of them who are very gentle and kind. But at the same time, they remain wild and always prepared to protect their interests. Just magical!

Likes HossamCFD
pickle reminds me of my own cat.:oldfrown:

My Zoobie kitty is still with me. She's getting a bit old (kinda like her namesake :wink:) but she does allow me to share my chair with her.

Likes Silicon Waffle
I don't treat my pets as my slaves and would feed them daily, so I think they don't need anything more from me. To be sure, there are grumpy crazy cats.

Silicon Waffle said:
I don't treat my pets as my slaves and would feed them daily, so I think they don't need anything more from me. To be sure, there are grumpy crazy cats.
Of COURSE you don't treat them as slaves, silly. YOU are the slave. Cats make sure their human slaves treat them VERY well. :biggrin:

Likes Sophia and Silicon Waffle
Tsu said:
Of COURSE you don't treat them as slaves, silly. YOU are the slave. Cats make sure their human slaves treat them VERY well. :biggrin:
You are right! :nb)
I have a headache and sometimes heartache when I hear the puppies barking for food or drinks.

Likes Sophia
Drinks?? WOW! Like...martini's and gin and tonics?!?111/! COOL!

Likes Silicon Waffle
wolram said:
Dogs behave like slaves. We made them to do so. Incredibly boring! Cats have a personality and don't give ... about us. And they are still predators. Only thing dogs are still after is the next trash can. :smile:

Likes Sophia
Dogs are AWESOME too. I want to get a Great Pyrenees. I think Zoobie would love that... (NOT!11!) :oldlaugh:

Tsu said:
Dogs are AWESOME too. I want to get a Great Pyrenees. I think Zoobie would love that... (NOT!11!) :oldlaugh:
?:) :biggrin:

Silicon Waffle said:
You are right! :nb)
I have a headache and sometimes heartache when I hear the puppies barking for food or drinks.
Do you really mean that this is what regularly happens in your area? Starving pets?

Sophia said:
Do you really mean that this is what regularly happens in your area? Starving pets?
Yes, it is very common to see a dog running around on the street. My pet isn't starving, she only needs food and cries noisily sometimes. At night she sometimes barks for it (her voice sure is different from that when she barks at strangers) and that makes me feel really bad. Something I believe is secreted or extracted in my stomach every time she does that for 10-15 minutes long without anyone visiting her place to offer her something to eat. True :biggrin: haha.

Silicon Waffle said:
Yes, it is very common to see a dog running around on the street. My pet isn't starving, she only needs food and cries noisily sometimes. At night she sometimes barks for it (her voice sure is different from that when she barks at strangers) and that makes me feel really bad. Something I believe is secreted or extracted in my stomach every time she does that for 10-15 minutes long without anyone visiting her place to offer her something to eat. True [emoji3] haha.
Wow, Do you really think she just barks for food? She needs you! She is a social creature and she needs other dogs, animals or humans to have a relationship with. How would you feel if you just got food and water but no one would spend time with you, being lonely all the time?
Im sorry if I misunderstood something and someone else is taking care of the dog. I really don't want to be hysterical and I hope that I just didn't understand correctly.
This also happens here sometimes. People have a dog, lock it in a cage or on the chain and just feed him. I really really see no point in having a dog like that. He can neither protect you nor have a relationship with you. It's just a waste of money for food. But fortunately, it may be illegal to keep a dog permanently on a chain. People are encouraged to take a picture or video of such cases and send it to authorities for investigation.
I personally would ban cages as well.
Oh ok, you got me, I confess! I am that annoying tree hugging animal welfare activist :-))) But I don't wear hippie clothes :-)

Likes Silicon Waffle
Sophia said:
...People have a dog, lock it in a cage or on the chain and just feed him. I really really see no point in having a dog like that. He can neither protect you nor have a relationship with you. It's just a waste of money for food. ...
It depends, in my area that'll be no good :eek:. Some people might just pretend to be bitten or severely scratched by your dog to make you pay. Other cases include robbers or thefts who are ready to forcefully grab your dog away right in front of you and threaten to beat you up if you call or yell for help. They can sell your dogs to someone else as pets or for meat.

Tsu said:
Drinks?? WOW! Like...martini's and gin and tonics?!?111/! COOL!
I could with a stiff GandT right now, may be we should re open the Tiki bar:biggrin: cheers Tsu.

Silicon Waffle said:
It depends, in my area that'll be no good :eek:. Some people might just pretend to be bitten or severely scratched by your dog to make you pay. Other cases include robbers or thefts who are ready to forcefully grab your dog away right in front of you and threaten to beat you up if you call or yell for help. They can sell your dogs to someone else as pets or for meat.
What sell a dog for meat, if i had a dog it would be a wolf hound then we could sell the human for meat:eek:

Likes Silicon Waffle and Sophia
Silicon Waffle said:

It is all just a matter of culture, which animals are appropriate for food. In Western culture I think most of the animals we eat are herbivores or omnivores.
But dog/wolf is a carnivore. I don't know how would it taste...(not that I would ever try it, but that is just a prejudice). Have you every tried it, SiliconWaffle?

Sophia said:
It is all just a matter of culture, which animals are appropriate for food. In Western culture I think most of the animals we eat are herbivores or omnivores.
But dog/wolf is a carnivore. I don't know how would it taste...(not that I would ever try it, but that is just a prejudice). Have you every tried it, SiliconWaffle?
Not yet. But I will try it one day! :biggrin:

Likes Sophia
Silicon Waffle said:
Not yet. But I will try it one day! :biggrin:

Bad Silicon waffle, bad Silicon Waffle:mad: you will be trying Bugs Bunny next:biggrin: Although there are stranger things to eat, like baked hedgehog, one bakes them in clay and all the spines come away with the clay when unwrapped, they taste a bit like chickeno0).

Likes Sophia and Silicon Waffle
<h2>1. What is "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home"?</h2><p>"Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" is a documentary-style video series that follows the daily lives of two cats, Pepper and Pickle, in their home environment. It showcases their unique personalities, behaviors, and interactions with their human family.</p><h2>2. Who created "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home"?</h2><p>"Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" was created by a team of scientists and filmmakers who specialize in animal behavior and welfare. They wanted to provide an educational and entertaining platform to showcase the lives of domestic cats and promote their well-being.</p><h2>3. What can viewers learn from "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home"?</h2><p>Viewers can learn about the natural behaviors and needs of domestic cats, as well as how to provide a comfortable and enriching environment for them. The series also highlights the importance of responsible pet ownership and the bond between humans and their feline companions.</p><h2>4. How are the cats in "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" taken care of?</h2><p>The cats in "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" are well-cared for by their human family. They have access to fresh food and water, a clean and safe living space, and regular veterinary check-ups. They also receive plenty of love, attention, and mental stimulation to keep them happy and healthy.</p><h2>5. Is "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" suitable for all ages?</h2><p>Yes, "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" is suitable for all ages. The series is family-friendly and does not contain any graphic or inappropriate content. It is a great way for children and adults alike to learn about cats and their behaviors in a fun and engaging way.</p>

1. What is "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home"?

"Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" is a documentary-style video series that follows the daily lives of two cats, Pepper and Pickle, in their home environment. It showcases their unique personalities, behaviors, and interactions with their human family.

2. Who created "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home"?

"Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" was created by a team of scientists and filmmakers who specialize in animal behavior and welfare. They wanted to provide an educational and entertaining platform to showcase the lives of domestic cats and promote their well-being.

3. What can viewers learn from "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home"?

Viewers can learn about the natural behaviors and needs of domestic cats, as well as how to provide a comfortable and enriching environment for them. The series also highlights the importance of responsible pet ownership and the bond between humans and their feline companions.

4. How are the cats in "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" taken care of?

The cats in "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" are well-cared for by their human family. They have access to fresh food and water, a clean and safe living space, and regular veterinary check-ups. They also receive plenty of love, attention, and mental stimulation to keep them happy and healthy.

5. Is "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Cats Pepper & Pickle: Comfortably at Home" is suitable for all ages. The series is family-friendly and does not contain any graphic or inappropriate content. It is a great way for children and adults alike to learn about cats and their behaviors in a fun and engaging way.