Overcoming Fear and Achieving Academic Success

• Thread starter Eucliddo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Academic
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's interests in academics and their fear of starting new projects. They also express concerns about their personality changing and seek professional help for their behavior.
Eucliddo
I excelled in academics when I was a student. I am good in everything my mind is concerned. I'm pretty much interested with quantum physics, astronomy, electronics and mathematics. I also want to invent things. If I think I can do something, my mind is saying that I will absolutely can do that. But the thing is, whenever I start something or plan to start something... it makes me go anxious. It feels like I'm afraid because my personality might change if I'm going to focus on one thing. I'm a cheerful person for my friends though serious at some times, but that's quite often to see. Is it normal to feel this way? I mean.. it's fear. And it's stopping me to do what I think I should be doing..

Physics news on Phys.org
An internet forum really isn't a good place to get help with such issues. I suggest you seek professional help in digging into the root causes of your behavior.

phinds said:
An internet forum really isn't a good place to get help with such issues. I suggest you seek professional help in digging into the root causes of your behavior.
Agree with phinds, you need professional help, I'd go to psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse, even better, they can prescribe you meds that can help you at a fraction of the cost of a psychiatrist.

What is fear and how does it affect academic success?

Fear is an emotional response to a perceived threat or danger. It can manifest in various forms such as anxiety, nervousness, or apprehension. Fear can negatively impact academic success by causing students to avoid challenging tasks, leading to procrastination and poor performance.

How can fear be overcome to achieve academic success?

One way to overcome fear is to identify the root cause and address it. This could involve seeking support from a counselor or talking to a trusted mentor. Additionally, practicing relaxation techniques, setting achievable goals, and breaking down tasks into smaller, manageable steps can help in overcoming fear and achieving academic success.

What are some common fears students face in academic settings?

Some common fears include fear of failure, fear of judgment or criticism from others, fear of not being able to meet expectations, and fear of not being good enough. These fears can be triggered by various factors such as past experiences, perfectionism, and high levels of stress and pressure.

How does fear affect academic motivation?

Fear can significantly impact academic motivation. It can lead to a decrease in motivation, as students may feel overwhelmed, anxious, and demotivated to take on challenging tasks. Fear can also lead to a decrease in self-esteem and self-efficacy, making it harder for students to believe in their abilities to succeed academically.

What are some strategies for maintaining academic success despite experiencing fear?

Strategies for maintaining academic success despite fear include practicing self-care and managing stress levels, seeking support from peers and mentors, setting realistic goals, and celebrating small accomplishments. It is also important to reframe negative thoughts and focus on the progress made rather than perfection.