Palin pick an insult to our intelligence

• News
  • Thread starter physucsc11
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Intelligence
In summary: I guess you could say that I was surprised that the information released about her turned out to be such a non-issue to the American people. In summary, the VP pick of Sarah Palin has been largely successful in attracting women voters to the McCain campaign. However, the media's initial response was mostly in support of Mrs. Palin, and there was little questioning of her ability or experience.
turbo-1 said:
An affront to women...

Looks like she is an affront to reformers too.

Boston Herald said:
Knowles and Weinstein also went after the Republican ticket on several statements now airing in campaign ads around the nation, including Palin’s claim that she opposed federal money for the "bridge to nowhere."

The governor has refused to acknowledge her explicit support for the $230 million Gravina Island Access Project in her effort to sound more like an anti-earmark reformer to a national audience, Weinstein said.

And she still supports spending $400 million to $600 million on "the other Bridge to Nowhere," the Knik Arm Crossing, which would provide residents in Palin’s hometown of Wasilla faster access to Anchorage, Knowles added.

"That project is moving right ahead," said Knowles, who served as governor of Alaska from 1994 to 2002. "The money for that project was not diverted anywhere else. ... So (for her) to say she said, ’Thanks, but no thanks...’ I would say she said, ’Thanks!’"

Physics news on Phys.org
Gokul43201 said:
Incidentally, the Federal Law that provides victims with rape kits has its origins in one Sen. Joseph Biden.
Thanks! I did not know that, but following up:

The Senate version of the legislation that included the rape-exam provision was sponsored by Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, the Democratic vice presidential nominee. Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama was one of 58 co-sponsors; Republican presidential nominee John McCain was not
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-09-10-rape-exams_N.htm

Here's a map of the Knik Arm Crossing.

http://www.knikarmbridge.com/documents/RegionalConnection.PDF

It's not funded as yet apparently it's still in the planning stage.

To be fair, while it does make things a little closer for Wasilla it also looks like it shortens Anchorage to Fairbanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
In following up on "rape kit" in Google, I found quite a number of pages offering advice to rape victims, and one thing that stood out was the frequent reference to "emergency contraception", including high-dose contraceptive pills, high doses of estrogen, etc, to prevent implantation of any eggs that may have been fertilized in the rape. I don't know if Alaska's "rape kits" included emergency contraception - any help here?

Could this have been a reason for Palin to try to restrict victim's access to such care? When he was interviewed recently, the police chief that she fired was unaware that victims were later made to pay for the kits, so the policy seems to have been put in place by his replacement. BTW, if you google a bit, you will see that the rate of rapes per capita in Alaska is double the national average, and it's far worse in rural and small-town Alaska than in its cities.

turbo-1 said:
In following up on "rape kit" in Google, I found quite a number of pages offering advice to rape victims, and one thing that stood out was the frequent reference to "emergency contraception", including high-dose contraceptive pills, high doses of estrogen, etc, to prevent implantation of any eggs that may have been fertilized in the rape. I don't know if Alaska's "rape kits" included emergency contraception - any help here?

Could this have been a reason for Palin to try to restrict victim's access to such care? When he was interviewed recently, the police chief that she fired was unaware that victims were later made to pay for the kits, so the policy seems to have been put in place by his replacement. BTW, if you google a bit, you will see that the rate of rapes per capita in Alaska is double the national average, and it's far worse in rural and small-town Alaska than in its cities.

Here is an interesting discussion of EC at the ACLU. I think there is no question that the Wasilla requirement for a rape victim to be further penalized after the indignity of assault to in essence prove that she was assaulted is driven by ignorant ideology that serves no ones needs but those of the smug Right Wing that would attempt to penalize the innocent to impose their beliefs on others. I think Sarah Palin should be ashamed of such meanness.
http://www.aclu.org/reproductiverights/contraception/16425res20070213.html

Apparently the Bush administration dropped from its recommendation for rape kit procedures any mention of emergency contraception, despite the national medical societies' positions that it is crucial to offer and provide it as soon as possible.
http://www.billingsgazette.com/newdex.php?display=rednews/2004/12/31/build/nation/80-rape-victims.inc

Thanks, LP. Good catches.

Evidence that Sarah Palin is unworthy of public office. She is personally vindictive, uses a personal patronage system, and attempts to circumvent the rules and laws of public office - a perfect fit for the Bush/Cheney regime. This woman is corrupt.

Once Elected, Palin Hired Friends and Lashed Foes
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14palin.html

WASILLA, Alaska — Gov. Sarah Palin lives by the maxim that all politics is local, not to mention personal.

So when there was a vacancy at the top of the State Division of Agriculture, she appointed a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, to the $95,000-a-year directorship. A former real estate agent, Ms. Havemeister cited her childhood love of cows as a qualification for running the roughly $2 million agency.

Ms. Havemeister was one of at least five schoolmates Ms. Palin hired, often at salaries far exceeding their private sector wages.

. . . .

Using private email accounts for state ('public') business!? Ostensibly to cover illegal activities.

Talk about RICO - Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization. The FBI needs to investigate!

Last edited:
turbo-1 said:
An affront to women... When Palin was mayor of Wasilla, rape victims were required to pay for "rape kits" and processing. It was the only town in Alaska that placed the cost of forensic testing on the victims of sexual assault. The state legislature passed a law banning the practice, which was signed into law by the former governor of Alaska, Tony Knowles. It's not surprising that a pentecostal mayor believes that no abortions should be allowed, even in the case of rape. It is surprising that she felt that rape victims should have to pay for medical testing.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/view.bg?articleid=1118416&srvc=2008campaign&position=9

Mostly true. Technically, this was the police chief's policy, but Palin appointed him and should have known about this (if she didn't - she might have known about it and might have supported the policy).

The emergency contraceptive part of the rape kits shouldn't have been a problem, though, since her stance has been pro-contraceptives even if believing abortions should only be allowed when the mother's life was endangered.
Achorage Daily News said:
Palin said last month that no woman should have to choose between her career, education and her child. She is pro-contraception and said she's a member of a pro-woman but anti-abortion group called Feminists for Life. "I believe in the strength and the power of women, and the potential of every human life," she said.

By the way, Joe Biden is pro-life and has the same stance as Palin regarding public/federal funds for abortion and partial birth abortions. NARAL rates Biden at 36% as a pro-choice candidate (with Obama being 100%). NARAL has never rated Palin. What has each done to promote pro-life positions?

Palin: Signed a 'Safe Haven' bill allowing a parent to surrender a newborn without threat of prosecution (provided no child abuse has occurred). She's against public funds being used to support abortion although she's never had the issue come before her. (Palin on abortion)

Biden: Voted to ban partial birth abortions and has consistently supported no federal funding for abortions. (Biden on abortion).

Obama: Just for the heck of it. (Obama on abortion).

By the way, is she Pentacostal? Was she Pentacostal? Was she Catholic? Is Obama's former church Pentacostal? (A different current thread refers to Obama's former church as Pentacostal, when it's not).

I'm not quite sure why the criticism of Palin has gone down the side path of her religious beliefs. At least this one could be a real instance where she imposed her personal beliefs into her own policies as a public official. So far, it's the only instance that comes close.

Edit: Crime statistics for Wasilla (including rape). Unfortunately, the statistics don't include most of the years that Palin was mayor, but you could calculate the average. Wasilla is located about 43 miles outside of Anchorage and about a third of the Wasilla population commute to Anchorage for work each day (it's somewhat rural, somewhat suburb).

BobG said:
I'm not quite sure why the criticism of Palin has gone down the side path of her religious beliefs. At least this one could be a real instance where she imposed her personal beliefs into her own policies as a public official. So far, it's the only instance that comes close.

Unfortunately she has demonstrated herself to be a vindictive right wing extremist in her beliefs, who by her actions has let her religion interfere with the performance of her duties, against the best interest of all citizens. Denying contraception to rape victims, maybe not by commission, but through omission, demonstrates a lack of sensitivity to the situations that those victims already face. It also reflects a moral choice that she would readily impose on others, without offering them choice through informed consent.

Your suggestion that she is "pro-contraception" looks like you are the one that has been snowed. Because I can assure you that the strict pro-life interpretation - at conception - rules out taking such a morning after pill as they would treat it as abortion, if the ovum is by chance already fertilized.

Her vindictiveness occurs in several instances. The librarian for whom she had no right to even ask what she would do if requested to remove books from the shelves, or the demand for a loyalty test resignation that is not supported by town statute. Then there is the ex-brother in law that she stuck her nose into the middle of the divorce from her sister, to have fired. There is no other way to describe that than as an act of vindictiveness. An act unwarranted in the performance of her duty in office. And when the guy wasn't fired at her direction, she fired the guy that wouldn't break the law on her account? Vindictive.

Then there is the anti-gay partnership stance. Another case of choosing religious belief over compassion for everyone's rights to be treated equally under the law.

Then again there is her support of Intelligent design - choosing religion over science?

And you would wonder why there would be concerns about her religion when she has yet to demonstrate much separation in her own life between Church and State? Her brand of religion - imposing that religion on others is anathema to the fundamental principles of the Constitution.

This woman is corrupt.
Do you have proof of this?
Using private email accounts for state ('public') business!? Ostensibly to cover illegal activities.
Do you have proof of these illegal activities?

And to think she has an 80% approval rating.

Since we are making things up about Sara Palin.
She caused hurricane Ike.
She made those two trains collide.
And she is a member of the KKK.

It's got to be eating you all up that people like her for being her.

castlegates said:
And she is a member of the KKK.

Wow, she did those things? I'm not voting for her! (And I'm Canadian, so my vote counts double! (actually my vote counts 10 times as much, since we have 1/10th the population... it just doesn't count for anything in your election, hehe))

castlegates said:
She is a member of the KKK.
She is qualified to be Vice President of the United States.
There, fixed it for you. :tongue2:

Astronuc provided a link to an article substantiating his claims, which as close to proof as we can get without FOIA'ing it ourselves.

LowlyPion said:
But beyond the issue of the Mayor's authority to have acted to demand resignation, one has to question how such rhetorical questions can be asked about taking books off the shelf of a Public Library in the first place.

Perhaps someone can explain why a Mayor would ask such a question? What would she be thinking that such a situation could ever arise to be asking in the first place ... unless of course she was considering that she might actually ask to have books removed?
I recall that Gibson asked her about this and she gave a reason. My memory isn't that good, but I think it was that someone had asked Palin the question and Palin (perhaps thoughtlessly) passed the question on. Unfortunately, I can't find transcripts of the interview and apparently there is a reason for that in this link:
http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/09/14/a-public-challenge-to-charles-gibson-at-abc-news/"

jimmysnyder said:
I recall that Gibson asked her about this and she gave a reason. My memory isn't that good, but I think it was that someone had asked Palin the question and Palin (perhaps thoughtlessly) passed the question on. Unfortunately, I can't find transcripts of the interview and apparently there is a reason for that in this link:
http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/09/14/a-public-challenge-to-charles-gibson-at-abc-news/"
ALL tv shows are edited, he should know that since he's a big time editor of something I've never heard of. Has he demanded that "edited" interviews with Obama be re-released unedited? No. :rolleyes:

Normally links to something that's not mainstream would not be allowed, but I'll let this pass because it shows how something is "ok" if it happens to the opposition, but cry foul when it's your candidate.

Gov. Palin’s Worldview
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/13/opinion/13sat1.html
As we watched Sarah Palin on TV the last couple of days, we kept wondering what on Earth John McCain was thinking.

If he seriously thought this first-term governor — with less than two years in office — was qualified to be president, if necessary, at such a dangerous time, it raises profound questions about his judgment. If the choice was, as we suspect, a tactical move, then it was shockingly irresponsible.

It was bad enough that Ms. Palin’s performance in the first televised interviews she has done since she joined the Republican ticket was so visibly scripted and lacking in awareness.

What made it so much worse is the strategy for which the Republicans have made Ms. Palin the frontwoman: win the White House not on ideas, but by denigrating experience, judgment and qualifications.

The idea that Americans want leaders who have none of those things — who are so blindly certain of what Ms. Palin calls “the mission” that they won’t even pause for reflection — shows a contempt for voters and raises frightening questions about how Mr. McCain and Ms. Palin plan to run this country.

One of the many bizarre moments in the questioning by ABC News’s Charles Gibson was when Ms. Palin, the governor of Alaska, excused her lack of international experience by sneering that Americans don’t want “somebody’s big fat résumé maybe that shows decades and decades in that Washington establishment where, yes, they’ve had opportunities to meet heads of state.”
. . . .

Bering Straight Talk :rofl:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/opinion/14dowd.html
I’ve been in Alaska only a week, but I’m already feeling ever so much smarter about Russia.

The proximity of the country from which William Seward bartered to buy Alaska for $7 million — Seward’s icebox — is so illuminating that I suddenly realize that we would commit a grave error by overestimating Russia’s economic strength. After all, it represents only 2.8 percent of the world’s G.D.P., even though its gross domestic product has ballooned from $200 billion in 1999 to $1.7 trillion this year.

But I overanalyze.

An Arctic blast of action has swept into the 2008 race, making thinking passé. We don’t really need to hurt our brains studying the world; we just need the world to know we’re capable of bringing a world of hurt to the world if the world continues to be hell-bent on misbehaving.

Two weeks after being thrown onto a national ticket, and moments after being speed-briefed by McCain foreign-policy advisers, our new Napoleon in bunny boots (not the Pamela Anderson kind, but the knock-offs of the U.S. Army Extreme Cold Weather Vapor Barrier Boots) is ready to face down the Russkies and start a land war over Georgia, and, holy cow, what business is it of ours if Israel attacks Iran?
. . . .
OK - enough of the McCain-Palin comedy team. When is the GOP going to elect real candidates for P and VP? :rofl:

No - actually it's more like :rofl:

Evo said:
Normally links to something that's not mainstream would not be allowed, but I'll let this pass because it shows how something is "ok" if it happens to the opposition, but cry foul when it's your candidate.
Actually, I agree that the source was of low quality and would prefer that my offending post be deleted. However, the fact is that the interview was edited. Here is another site, also of low quality, that has a transcript of the interview with emphasis on the parts that were edited. The information is available on many web sites, but I can't find any from a reputable source.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/09/13/abc-news-edited-out-key-parts-sarah-palin-interview"
If someone can find a full transcript of the actual interview with or without emphasis, from a reputable source, I would prefer that this post also be deleted in favor of that one.

The practice of editing is not "ok". It is unacceptable to me on behalf of any side of any argument. I hope you will join me in this condemnation of a bad practice. If not, what is the point of requiring that sources be reputable?

For instance, here is a report from the (mainstream?) Chicago Sun-Times purporting to contain a full transcript of an interview with Obama.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/844597,transcript031508.article"
Why can't I get a full transcript of the interview with Palin from ABC News so I can link to it in safety?

As a single example of where the full interview changes the meaning of an answer, I point to this exchange which ABC is airing now:
GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

The follow up was edited out (I too edited out stuff):
GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they’re doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I’m giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia.

So the airhead answer is reported, and the sensible one left out. Rather than start a whole new discussion on just how sensible, I prefer that we agree that the discussion would not be helpful in a campaign of this importance and would not happen if ABC had reported its interview with a vice presidential candidate as it happened.

I have posted one Obama interview, but I don't have an example of a similar act of malicious editing. Evo, can you supply one from this or some other interview? It would strengthen my argument that the practice is unacceptable.

jimmysnyder said:
As a single example of where the full interview changes the meaning of an answer, I point to this exchange which ABC is airing now:
GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

The follow up was edited out (I too edited out stuff):
GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they’re doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I’m giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia.

So the airhead answer is reported, and the sensible one left out.
The piece that was edited out changes nothing, it's just back peddling drivel since obviously she couldn't give a real answer to the question. The "correct" answer would have simply been "none".

have posted one Obama interview, but I don't have an example of a similar act of malicious editing. Evo, can you supply one from this or some other interview? It would strengthen my argument that the practice is unacceptable.
First you haven't provided any "malicious editing". Second, I'm not taking your request seriously. Do you really expect me to find and watch every single tv interview Obama has done? I'll tell you what, why don't you send me a link to an interview of his that shows no edits. :rolleyes:

Evo said:
I'll tell you what, why don't you send me a link to an interview of his that shows no edits. :rolleyes:
I did. Here it is again. http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/844597,transcript031508.article"
From a previous post of yours, I was under the impression that you knew of a case of editing. Am I now undeceived? Am I to understand that it is "ok" when it happens to a candidate you do not support and not "ok" when it happens to one that you do, even when it doesn't happen?

jimmysnyder said:

Excuse me. But that answer sounds absurd. The buck stops with her. She didn't mean to ask it? But she did. And she obviously thought it was an appropriate question (she asked it), without grasping the fundamental Constitutional issues involved?

I'd say her actions indicate quite the opposite. She asked the question and then I would note was very careful not to mention her knowingly unconstitutional reason for dismissal, rather instead chose to be too cute by half and tried fobbing the firing off on she had a right (divine right?) to loyalty test dismissal - where no such "at the pleasure" clause apparently attaches to the town Librarian's position?

Hi Guys,

Had a hard time logging in recently. Well I'm here to give you this link to a dissident site, Charles Larson has this to say about McCain/Palin or should it be reversed Palin/McCain.

LOL, http://counterpunch.com/larson09152008.html

jimmysnyder said:
I did. Here it is again. http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/844597,transcript031508.article"
We seem to be on different pages here. You were complaining that you thought the editing of Palin's tv interview somehow made her sound dumber than she is. I said that all interviews on tv are edited to some extent, that's just what happens. I've been on tv and a lot more goes on than what gets aired. I am not asking you for a transcript, I asked, since you asked (and no I don't expect you to really do it) to find an original tv BROADCAST of an interview with Obama that was not edited. Unless you can prove that no interviews with Obama or Biden have been edited for content, then Palin's interview being edited for content is no different.

Evo said:
We seem to be on different pages here. You were complaining that you thought the editing of Palin's tv interview somehow made her sound dumber than she is. I said that all interviews on tv are edited to some extent, that's just what happens. I've been on tv and a lot more goes on than what gets aired. I am not asking you for a transcript, I asked, since you asked (and no I don't expect you to really do it) to find an original tv BROADCAST of an interview with Obama that was not edited. Unless you can prove that no interviews with Obama or Biden have been edited for content, then Palin's interview being edited for content is no different.
I am agreeing with you. The practice is unacceptable. Your claim that such an interview exists does not require me to find one, I'll take your word for it even if you can't come up with one yourself. But surely you are not saying that since it happened to Obama in the past, it is ok now. It was not ok then. It is not ok now. We shouldn't be discussing my perception that the interview "somehow made her sound dumber than she is". We are doing so because of a practice I can't believe goes on and you tell me is widespread. We are talking about an interview with a candidate for Vice President of the US. That requires a level of honesty that ABC news lacks. I assume that the other examples are also in the mainstream media. Where am I to go for real news, FOX? Give me a break.

castlegates said:
Actually, I think people like her for being like them - a shallow, god-fearing creationist with no academic caliber and no real interest in the world beyond the immediate surroundings.

Incidentally, it's the same crowd that's been crazy about GWB too.

At first I was thrown by the reaction to Palin, but it is important to remember that people are reacting to an idea, not the person. We have had two years to get our bearings on Obama. We have had two weeks for Palin. Already we see the facade cracking, and even a peak behind the facade reveals an empty space.

This just requires a little time to bring her into focus, but it is a job that needs to be done. Sure, the far right is going to love her. That's a given. But the independents are another story, and that's who they need.

Barring any last minute surprises about Obama [and major screw-ups on his part], I predict that McCain has already seen his best day of the race.

Last edited:
On a different note, I found this excellent observation on a political forum. "Politics Forum.org"

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:49 pm
James Fallows explains why this is an issue. Quote:
Each of us has areas we care about, and areas we don't. If we are interested in a topic, we follow its development over the years. And because we have followed its development, we're able to talk and think about it in a "rounded" way. We can say: Most people think X, but I really think Y. Or: most people used to think P, but now they think Q. Or: the point most people miss is Z. Or: the question I'd really like to hear answered is A.

Here's the most obvious example in daily life: Sports Talk radio.

Mention a name or theme -- Brett Favre, the Patriots under Belichick, Lance Armstrong's comeback, Venus and Serena -- and anyone who cares about sports can have a very sophisticated discussion about the ins and outs and myth and realities and arguments and rebuttals.

People who don't like sports can't do that. It's not so much that they can't identify the names -- they've heard of Armstrong -- but they've never bothered to follow the flow of debate. I like sports -- and politics and tech and other topics -- so I like joining these debates. On a wide range of other topics -- fashion, antique furniture, the world of restaurants and fine dining, or (blush) opera -- I have not been interested enough to learn anything I can add to the discussion. So I embarrass myself if I have to express a view.

What Sarah Palin revealed is that she has not been interested enough in world affairs to become minimally conversant with the issues. Many people in our great land might have difficulty defining the "Bush Doctrine" exactly. But not to recognize the name, as obviously was the case for Palin, indicates not a failure of last-minute cramming but a lack of attention to any foreign-policy discussion whatsoever in the last seven years.

Thats the way it appeared to me also.

One

Evo said:
I am not asking you for a transcript, I asked, since you asked (and no I don't expect you to really do it) to find an original tv BROADCAST of an interview with Obama that was not edited. Unless you can prove that no interviews with Obama or Biden have been edited for content, then Palin's interview being edited for content is no different.
I have no transcript for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5fydONgwA8"
It purports to be live and so it might not be edited. It's from MSNBC.

jimmysnyder said:
I am agreeing with you. The practice is unacceptable.
I think so too. And if you thought that was bad, try this for size:
CBS splices McCain interview clip, expunging his false claim on surge timeline and falsely suggesting he gave different answer

On the July 22 edition of the CBS Evening News, while airing portions of an interview she conducted that day with Sen. John McCain, anchor Katie Couric removed a part of his response in which he falsely asserted that the 2007 U.S. troop surge "began the Anbar awakening." In fact, the so-called Anbar awakening reportedly began in September 2006, months before the surge was even announced. Couric had asked McCain, "Senator [Barack] Obama says while the increased number of U.S. troops contributed to increased security in Iraq, he also credits the Sunni awakening and the Shia government going after militias, and says that there might have been improved security even without the surge. What's your response to that?" But rather than airing McCain's direct reply, including the false claim that the surge "began the Anbar awakening" -- an agreement by some tribal leaders in western Iraq to accept U.S. aid and cooperate with anti-Al Qaeda operations -- Couric aired comments by McCain spliced together from three separate statements he gave during the interview, one of which responded to a different question. Couric gave no indication that these comments had been edited in any manner, nor did she otherwise note McCain's falsehood.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200807230001

Good catch Gokul!

Gokul43201 said:
I think so too. And if you thought that was bad, try this for size:
The mainstream media have gone mad. Why do we continue to insist that our links are to the mainstream?

jimmysnyder said:
The mainstream media have gone mad. Why do we continue to insist that our links are to the mainstream?
Perhaps because they're still not as mad as the rest?

Thing is with these interviews, while there may be a heavy dose of editing, the news agency will typically provide an unedited transcript (and expect us to be happy with that). But the overwhelming majority of people will not go about looking for transcripts.

Gokul43201 said:
Perhaps because they're not as mad as the rest?

Thing is with these interviews, while there may be a heavy dose of editing, the news agency will typically provide an unedited transcript (and expect us to be happy with that). But the overwhelming majority of people will not go about looking for transcripts.
I went about looking for transcripts. I could not find it on ABC, but was forced to go to the madder ones. In so doing, I took the chance that my post would be deleted on the legitimate fear that the transcripts posted there might undergo editing as well. After all, they were highlighted. Perhaps I just didn't look hard enough on the ABC site.

Gokul43201 said:
http://mediamatters.org/items/200807230001

So Katie is bowing to the McCain people to edit out his senility?