Perimeter institute 2015 summer undergrad program

In summary, two individuals from UC Berkeley have applied to the Perimeter Institute's 2015 summer program and have received a reply. One of them has been accepted, but is still waiting for details about their project. The program is highly oversubscribed with only a handful of spots available. The second individual applied for a project in mathematical physics and is curious about the competitiveness of the program.
Ivor Chen
Hey, I am from UC Berkeley. I wonder if anyone here has applied to perimeter institute's 2015 summer program. I've applied but haven't heard back from them yet. I wonder if anybody here has got a reply.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, I got a reply on Thursday.

tarquinius said:
Hi, I got a reply on Thursday.
So do you think I should still wait for a reply or should I just find another program instead? And you got in right? Congratulations

Ivor Chen said:
So do you think I should still wait for a reply or should I just find another program instead? And you got in right? Congratulations

Yes, I got accepted, although I am still waiting for the precise details of my project (should be GR). I've been told it's a highly oversubscribed programme (~100 applicants) and only a handful of places. I suppose you will hear from them soon-ish, as they apparently have waiting lists for individual projects they must get through. Good luck! (btw, what kind of project did you apply to?)

tarquinius said:
Yes, I got accepted, although I am still waiting for the precise details of my project (should be GR). I've been told it's a highly oversubscribed programme (~100 applicants) and only a handful of places. I suppose you will hear from them soon-ish, as they apparently have waiting lists for individual projects they must get through. Good luck! (btw, what kind of project did you apply to?)
I applied for mathematical physics as my first choice

tarquinius said:
U got any ideas how competitive the mathematical physics program is?

I think it is highly competitive.

Q: What is the Perimeter Institute 2015 summer undergraduate program?

The Perimeter Institute 2015 summer undergraduate program is a research program for undergraduate students interested in physics and theoretical physics. It is held at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and provides students with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge research projects under the guidance of experienced scientists and researchers.

Q: Who is eligible to apply for the Perimeter Institute 2015 summer undergraduate program?

Undergraduate students from all over the world with a strong interest in physics and theoretical physics are eligible to apply for the Perimeter Institute 2015 summer undergraduate program. Applicants must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and have a strong academic record in physics and mathematics.

Q: How long is the Perimeter Institute 2015 summer undergraduate program?

The program runs for 10 weeks, from late May to early August. During this time, students will engage in research projects, attend lectures and seminars, and participate in various social and networking events.

Q: Is the Perimeter Institute 2015 summer undergraduate program paid?

No, the program is not paid. However, students will receive a stipend to cover their living expenses during the 10-week program. Housing arrangements will also be provided for students who do not live in the Waterloo area.

Q: How can I apply for the Perimeter Institute 2015 summer undergraduate program?

Interested students can apply online through the Perimeter Institute's website. The application process typically consists of submitting an application form, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. The deadline for applications is usually in early February.