1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Perimeter math problem

1. Feb 7, 2007 #1
    So lost. I'm sure it's simple. :confused:

The picture I have to work off of is attached. Here are my questions:

11. This picture shows Joe’s house. What is the perimeter of the house? Explain your answer.

12. Find the answer to the following problem. Show all of your work and explain how you got your answer.

Eric found the perimeter of three windows in his house to be . He wants to know the total perimeter of all three windows. Find the total perimeter and draw a number line and use the number line to represent the total of the perimeters of the three windows.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2007 #2
    What work have you done so far on this problem? I and I'm sure others are more than willing to help, but we want to see some of your work first.
  4. Feb 8, 2007 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Start with the DEFINITION of perimeter, then go ahead and do the algebra. Since this house is basically a rectangle, opposite sides must have the same length. That will give you an equation to solve for x.
  5. Feb 8, 2007 #4
    Yeah, else we might get warning messages. :D
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?