Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Personality test

1. May 7, 2007 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How do you score on the following test? :biggrin:
    http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Apparently I am the most rare of all the types: iNFj, the weird thing is that the other week someone already came to that conclusion :rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2007 #2
    ENTP

fyi, if you answer 'yes' to everything you come out as ESFJ

4. May 7, 2007 #3

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

infj

qwerty

5. May 7, 2007 #4
    Your Type is
    INTJ
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    Strength of the preferences %
    44 75 25 56

It says a good career choice for me would be a lawyer... haha no.

http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html (still reading it)

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  6. May 7, 2007 #5
    Yeah all the careers it listed for me sounded boring as hell.

7. May 7, 2007 #6
    Your Type is
    INFJ
    Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
    22 12 12 11

What a bunch we are.

8. May 7, 2007 #7
    INTJ
    89 38 88 11

Another interesting test: here(I'm RCUEI - Inquisitive)

9. May 7, 2007 #8
    Yep Smurf is the only extrovert here!

10. May 7, 2007 #9

radou

Homework Helper

"Sorry, there is not enough data for your type analysis" :confused:

What the... ?

11. May 7, 2007 #10
    Har har, radou is so weird that they don't know how to classify him :tongue:

Just kidding Radou. :smile:

12. May 7, 2007 #11

radou

Homework Helper

Yeah, I guess I must have entered *the* combination of answers so the program refused to even run the analysis on me. :tongue2:

13. May 7, 2007 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Didn't we do this once before, and it turned out a large amount of PFers were INTJ?
    (I'm one, also)

14. May 7, 2007 #13

radou

Homework Helper

Once? I think there's a personality test at least every two weeks here, in average. And all of them are the same.

Btw, I noticed some questions being almost totally equivelant.

15. May 7, 2007 #14
    Your Type is
    ESFJ
    Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  16. May 7, 2007 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Really? All the lawyers I know who are any good at it are fairly extroverted. I don't think someone who is introverted could handle all the client contact necessary.

17. May 7, 2007 #16

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

INTP

Probably because they're questions people will often waffle on, so if you split the answers it means you don't lean one way or the other as often

18. May 7, 2007 #17
    INTJ... for the 3rd time. I did this with someone who (I assume) had training to administer this test, she was a career counselor at my old university. Apparently the person who takes the test isn't supposed to be shown the strength of the preferences. & they ARE preferences, meaning just like someone who writes right-handed doesn't mean that they're not capable of writing left-handed, the 4 letters is a preference. It doesn't mean a person with (for example) a T preference doesn't have feelings at all or can't use their feelings to make a decision. It's a preference. When I did the test the 1st time my I & N were extreme, the J was moderate and the T was very weak. When I did the test in Keirsey's Please Understand Me II, my I, T & J were extreme & the N was weak. This time the I, N & T were extreme (all 100%) and my J was weak. I bet most of the people who post here are NTs, which Keirsey calls 'rationals'. I don't know whether or not I'm in good company now since people like Isaac Newton, Dwight Eisenhower, Stephen Hawking, Paul Dirac, Edwin Moses & (probably) Hilbert were all INTJs but on the other hand so are some of the people on this board.... :rolleyes: :tongue:

19. May 7, 2007 #18
    Well at "44%"(whatever that means), I guess I am supposedly only somewhat introverted :biggrin: . I would agree with the test, I am introverted. I also agree with you Moonbear, I don't think I would want to deal with all the networking required to be a successful lawyer. Thankfully I don't have any interest in law (unless it is of the scientific sort) :smile:

20. May 7, 2007 #19
    I got ENTJ with the following percentages: 33 25 50 22.

edit... The careers they chose for me are quite in-line with what I have thought about doing over the years.

21. May 7, 2007 #20
    I got :
    Your Type is
    ENFJ
    Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
    67 62 50 44

I think it works rather well, because I already had this in the past in another test.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?