PF Blog

Can someone help me out with how this works? My question, specifically, is this:

I have created 2 'Blog categories' let's call them 'A' and 'B' for now.

Now, I thought then when I click on 'Post to Blog' it would give me the option of choosing which Blog I want to post to. But this is not the case.

I would like to have a few different blogs where I can 'think out loud' as that helps me a lot. Is there a FAQ on blogs somewhere?

EDIT: In my searching, I found https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=307162" [Broken] which got no response.

Has this been resolved? I have yet to use the blog... so if it has not, I won't bother. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

That's too bad. :frown:

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Hi folks,

I saw this thread and just thought I'd respond, but unfortunately I have never learned any more information on this issue.

If you want to make a blog that others cannot see (so you can "think out loud", so to speak), it might work to "Save as draft" when you go to post the blog. I think only you will be able to view it then.

I have made a test blog where I did this; if you can read it, then this didn't work. My test blog is here:
https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=1396 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Key Redbelly,

I think that worked. Unfortunately I have a few subjects that I would like to do this with. I don't think that it would be worth the time if I could not keep them separated.

I want to say that that problem that you were having with categorized blogs being moved to uncategorized when you edit them might extend into the realm of regular posts too.

I organized most of my subscribed threads into folders, but it seems that some of them are creeping back out into uncategorized archive. And I think that this is occurring as new replies are made to threads that have been put into subfolders. I can't say that I see the point of organizing them if this is the default action that is taken when a reply is made.