1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PhD in Theoretical Physics in the UK

1. Dec 14, 2012 #1
    Hello everyone,

I am a 4th year student in a UK undergraduate masters program (MPhys (Hons.)) in a russell group university. My grades are around 70% average as of last year (3rd year), and I am working really hard to improve my grades during the fourth year (i expect to graduate with an average between 70-75%).

I am very interested in theoretical physics, especially QFT and quantum gravity, and wanted to know what are good universities to consider in the UK for a PhD? What are my chances of getting a place in a top university, if any?

I am not from the UK or from an EU country, so I will be funding myself. I was told by one of my professors that being self funded might give me a slight advantage over others, is this true to any extent?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
    karroooom

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted