PhD Universities like Singapore University of Technology and Design

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
koolraj09
Messages
166
Reaction score
5
Hi,
I just went through the PhD programs offered by this university. They have 4 pillars...as they call it..one of which is Engineering Product Development (EPD), which I am interested to pursue.
From what's given in their brochure..
"EPD pillar’s mission is to prepare graduate-level leaders in the conception, design, implementation, operation, and sustainability assessment of innovative systems and products."
So basically I can work on developing a whole product from conception to building and operating the product, which is what I am interested in.
What are your reviews about it? Is it a good option? Are their any similar PhD programs/universities in the US?
Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Singaporean physics major checking in here. I'm not from SUTD, so I can't really comment on the quality of their education. But in terms of prestige here in Singapore, they have successfully marketed themselves as the university for creative engineering students.

Your best bet is to speak to someone who is studying there now or, better yet, someone who used to study there. Try finding such people on Linkedin.