Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Photodissociation in relation to "Absorption cross section"

1. Mar 31, 2017 #1
    Dear Forum:

I am a new member, a geochemist. Physics is not my strength and so I am hoping to be able to find help for physics questions that puzzle me as I work in geochemistry. Its exciting and reassuring to think that there are so many knowledgeable physicists at the other end of this thread.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

To start a discussion, go to the appropriate technical forum (maybe General Physics or Earth to start), and start a new thread there. Include as much relevant in formation as you can in your post, including links to the reading you've been doing about your question, and any calculations you have been working with that have generated the questions.

Enjoy! :smile:

4. Mar 31, 2017 #3
    I can offer geochemical guidance but I doubt that I would be of any use in physics. My specialty is aqueous Sulfur chemistry. I will shortly post a thread requesting help with an atmospheric photolysis question.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted