Have You Captured the Inspiration Behind Newton's Work in Photos?

In summary, Primoz took a picture of the apple tree in Cambridge, which is supposedly the one where Isaac Newton got the idea for his most important work. The slogan "JAZ SEM INSPIRACIJA" (I AM INSPIRATION) is visible in the background. Primoz is confused about what the pop-up screen asking for information is, but assumes it's just for voting.
Primoz
Hey guys!

When I was on a trip in Cambridge I took a picture of the famous apple tree, that is supposed (so the turist office claims:tongue:) to be the one, where Isaac Newton got the idea for his most importaint work. In the back there are two windows and one of them (I think it's the right one) belonged to Newton's study room.
In the picture, there's also a slogan "JAZ SEM INSPIRACIJA", which literally means "I AM INSPIRATION".
You can see my picture here (http://jazsem.nikonsvet.si/gallery/47/item/3001 ), where it's competing in a photo competition organised by Nikon Slovenia.
Has anyone else any interesting photos in this topic?

Regards,
Primoz.

P.S.:If you like my picture you can also click the "GLASUJ" (which means "VOTE") button to vote for my photo. (Thanks if you did.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm a wee bit confused. Did you take that picture? The slogan overlaid across the front of it really detracts from it, and I'm not really able to see or appreciate the photograph because of it.

Also, when I click on "GLASUJ" to vote, another pop-up screen comes up and wants information from me. I'm guessing it's asking for a name and e-mail address and something else, but I'm not sure what. I can't read the language. I'm a little leery about filling in something that I don't know what it is. Can you tell me what it says or is asking for, please?

Yes, I did. Maybe it seems like I didn't, because I made it black and white and unfocused in the corners, so that the apple tree takes all attention from the viewer.
Yes, the slogan is a bit disturbing, but it has to be there to follow the rules of the organiser.
That pop-up screen is just to put in your data if you want to take place in game to win a camera. It doesn't affect voting and you can just close it. Thanks.
P.

Last edited:
Oh, okay. So just mashing the "GLASUJ" button is sufficient?

Was it necessary for the contest to have writing across the image?

Yes, sadly. Just for you I am attaching the original photo here. :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_1478 - Kopija.jpg
    IMG_1478 - Kopija.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 407

1. What is the definition of a photo with a physical topic?

A photo with a physical topic is a photograph that captures and depicts a physical object or scene, rather than a digital or abstract subject. This can include landscapes, still life objects, or even people.

2. What types of techniques are used to take photos with physical topics?

There are a variety of techniques that can be used to capture photos with physical topics, such as adjusting the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO settings. Other techniques include using different lenses, lighting, and composition to create unique and visually interesting images.

3. How can I improve my skills in taking photos with physical topics?

Improving your skills in taking photos with physical topics takes practice and experimentation. It is important to familiarize yourself with your camera and its settings, as well as studying composition and lighting techniques. Taking photos regularly and receiving constructive feedback can also help improve your skills.

4. What are some common challenges when taking photos with physical topics?

Some common challenges when taking photos with physical topics include dealing with difficult lighting, capturing movement or action, and finding the right composition to tell a compelling story. Weather conditions, such as strong winds or harsh sunlight, can also present challenges when trying to capture certain physical subjects.

5. How can I incorporate storytelling into my photos with physical topics?

Incorporating storytelling into photos with physical topics can be done through careful composition and capturing key elements that convey a narrative. This can include using leading lines, incorporating people or animals in the scene, and capturing details or interactions that add depth to the image. It is also important to consider the emotions and mood that you want to convey in your photo.

Back