Learn Physics: 18 Year Old from Greece Seeks Guides and Resources

In summary, this person is from Greece and is interested in physics. They are happy with their current occupation as electrician, but want to learn more and eventually become a physicist. They are unsure if they can do this in Greece, but are open to changing professions if needed. They have an msn and would be happy to answer any questions.
thantserpelis
hello people
i would like to say that i am just 18 years old
i am from greece i was always really interested in physics
but unfortunately my school didnt give us the knowldges we should have
i really love physics and especially quantum physic
so i know the basics but i would love to earn more and more
so i would love someone to giuide me with ebooks and such so i can improve my knowledges
i am an electrician now
thx:)

Physics news on Phys.org
If you would like to be successful in physics, you should have an understanding of calculus and linear algebra. You can study physics without these things but it is not as interesting or fun. An introductory book in both disciplines should be enough.

Check out this page for notes: http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/
You may also wish to check out Feynman's lectures on physics (as well as the easy to read 'Six Easy Pieces') as they are popular and good to learn from.

In my experience it is usually not the question of what to study but how it should be studied. You will need to be rigorous so you should do lots of practice problems and re-read difficult passages.

What do you know about Physics until now?

well i checked the book of introduction and read the book i knew everything about them
also about algebra i am really good really really good!
although ecause of my country it is not so easy to understand them because here we use some different letters for some things
although i can't manage to understand them

Often, lectures at public universities are free. You cannot do exams and certificate your efforts, if you aren't signed up, but you may join the class. Keep in mind that lectures are usually a huge save of efforts in order to understand the subject, I would recommend those rather than books.

Ll.

i wonder if they take place here:(i doubt to tell the truth

yiasou ellinida! Although I was born in America, I have heard some horror stories about higher education in Greece from my cousins and family friends. Are you going to be taking the panelinies? I am confused as to whether you want to become a physicist or want to continue your profession but learn physics on the side for fun.

unfortunately 4 years ago i was really bored at studying so i went to a high school(likeio) that u can choose a profession like electrician,mechanic,computer science and such.because of that i can't choose anything for the university i would love to follow.i can become an electrician only.so i finished i took the exams called panelinies i am sure 100% that i am in the university i prefer ut i can't be a physicist unfortunately:(
do u have msn btw?

if you are referring to me, then yes I do have an msn. But I would be more than happy to answer your questions here! Alas, you still have not answered my question fully! Do you want to make a life change from electrician to physicist, or have you accepted the fact that you made poor decisions and now only hope to learn a little more about the stuff you love on the side? For if your situation is the forward, then I am afraid you have a long road ahead of you. You have stated yourself the difficulties in finding opportunities in Greece. As with a few other European countries, you are pressed to choose what you wish to pursue for the rest of your life at an earlier age. And if that age comes and goes, (and it has for some of my family members) - then they move to America, which sometimes is a solution that cannot be attained by most.

well changing from electrician to physicist will take many years so i want to learn for me.just learn more make my knowledge bigger

1. What are some good resources for learning physics?

Some good resources for learning physics include textbooks, online lectures and tutorials, practice problems, and educational websites such as Khan Academy or Physics Classroom.

2. How can I improve my understanding of difficult physics concepts?

One way to improve your understanding of difficult physics concepts is to break them down into smaller, more manageable parts. You can also try using visual aids or analogies to help you better understand the concept.

3. How important is math in learning physics?

Math is an essential component of learning physics as it helps to describe and solve problems in a quantitative manner. A strong foundation in algebra, geometry, and calculus is necessary for understanding and applying physics concepts.

4. Are there any specific study strategies for learning physics?

Some effective study strategies for learning physics include actively engaging with the material by taking notes, practicing problems, and seeking help when needed. It is also helpful to make connections between different concepts and relate them to real-world examples.

5. How can I make physics more interesting and enjoyable to learn?

One way to make physics more interesting and enjoyable to learn is to find a topic or application that you are passionate about. You can also try engaging in hands-on experiments or demonstrations, joining a study group, or finding a mentor who can provide guidance and support.