Physics and robotics supplies?

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for recommendations on where to buy physics and robotics supplies such as quadrupoles, lithium ion batteries, propellers, DC motors, vandegraff generators, and solenoids. They also mention wanting to use accelerometers and an iPhone for a project and ask for advice on what supplies to use and where to get them. Another person suggests using Google to search for specific supplies and advises asking the person who posted a video for their recommendations. They also mention finding commercial models of four rotor helicopters online.
tot
Does anyone know where I can get physics and robotics supplies?
Where can I buy quadrupoles?
Lithium Ion batteries
propellers
good DC motors
Motors that can go to specific degree measures and stop
vandegraff generators
solenoids
propellars
small computers built to be onboard devices

Physics news on Phys.org

What I would do is this:

Google "physics supplies"
Then, perhaps, if not satisfied try being more specific, such as "lithium ion batteris" or "dc motors"

Special note: With Google, the first terms of a SEARCH are considered dominant, so sometimes you have to reword your search phrase to avoid unwanted hits showing on the 1st or second page.

For example, if you are looking for DC motors for robotics I would phrase " robotics DC motors" NOT "DC motor robotics", as the former will first class your query in the dominant term robotics.

Anyway just a research trick that Google even explains.

I need propellers to provide lift.
I am going to build this

with accelerometers to level.
I am going to mount my iPhone on it and fly around using the GPS and 3G.

Last edited by a moderator:

OK. Nothing wrong with that. Sounds like fun actually!

Just be emotionally/financially prepared for the inevitable crash which might permanently ruin your iPhone and such.

do you know what kind of propellors, motors and batteries I should use and where I can get them?

I might be able to stream video when I have a good 3G connection.
If it is up higher it will get better 3G too.

tot said:
I need propellers to provide lift.
I am going to build this

with accelerometers to level.

You should ask the person/group who posted the video where they got their supplies.

Just google "four rotor helicopter". You'll find plenty, even some commercial models: http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-parts/DF-VTI/RC-HELICOPTERS-DRAGANFLYER-COMPARE-ALL.html

1. What are some common physics and robotics supplies?

Some common physics and robotics supplies include resistors, capacitors, motors, sensors, microcontrollers, and programming tools.

2. Where can I purchase physics and robotics supplies?

You can purchase these supplies at specialty stores, online retailers, or directly from manufacturers.

3. What are the essential tools for building a robot?

Some essential tools for building a robot include a soldering iron, wire cutters, pliers, screwdrivers, and a multimeter.

4. Do I need a background in physics to work with robotics supplies?

While a background in physics can be helpful, it is not necessary to work with robotics supplies. Many manufacturers provide tutorials and resources for beginners.

5. Can I use physics and robotics supplies for educational purposes?

Yes, many physics and robotics supplies are specifically designed for educational use and can be used to teach concepts such as circuits, programming, and mechanics.