1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics ELECTRON IN THE ATOM presentation

1. May 22, 2005 #1
    Yes i have to present how an electron in an atom works. I also have to present an example of how it works. IS there anything i can do up on presentation to show how an atom works? IF not an example can someone help me with a concept map? So that I may explain it to the class? ANything that is a visual aid to the class. It is a requirement. I can't quite come up with an example or a visual to show the class what i mean. PLease help if you can. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

And what exactly do you have in mind??I mean what are u gonna show them?

What are your ideas...?

Daniel.

4. May 22, 2005 #3
    Well i was planning on showing the class what an electron's role in an atom is by using visual aids..since i have to anyway. I'm also having trouble with this chapter as well so in the process i was wondering if you can help clarify what electrons do in an atom and a way i can show the class the whole general idea of the electrons in the atom. the presentation is only 5 minutes so i just need something i can say and show.
    I dont really know all the important points to say i want to say the main points. I was wondering if you can help me show that and say that.

5. May 22, 2005 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

"class",are you in high school?

Daniel.

6. May 22, 2005 #5
    Yes i am. Im in 11th grade , a junior , in high school.
    Science is not my best subject but a requirement and my last year of taking a science subject.English is my best and history. My skills in science and interest are not that high. But still while im in physics i wish to learn. Chapter 17 we are doing which is " atomic nature of matter". Each student was given a certain sector in the chapter. I was given 17.8 " Electron in the atom". So obviously i have to consist of what everyone else. Is there any chance you may help me?

7. May 22, 2005 #6
    (Please pardon any slightly butchered English in advance....thank you. :wink: )

I would say that the best thing you could in a high school class is explain it on a level most people would understand, probably using some sort of a model. If you just show them a plain text chart, they'll probably forget, but if you present a working model of several different atoms and make it a hands-on report, I think the class will understand it better.

Also, I would suggest buildng several different models of different atoms and explain how the electrons help them interact. (That is, in essence, what electrons do.) Perhaps showing the class what role electrons play in chemical reactions would help them understand the importance of the electron in relation to the atom.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?