Physics/Engineering/Math audio books?

• Thread starter DyslexicHobo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Audio Books
In summary, the person enjoys reading physics and engineering books and wishes to find audio books related to these subjects to listen to during their long commute. Suggestions were given for audio books available on Amazon, including Richard Dawkins' The Greatest Show on Earth and Feynman's lectures on physics.
DyslexicHobo
Hi all,

I really enjoy reading physics books, such as Brian Green's series and books about interesting mathematical topics. I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student so I also love reading anything related to engineering.

I'd really like to enjoy more books, but I don't have a lot of free time due to school and work. I do, however, have a very long commute. I'd like to use that time to get some "reading" done in the form of audio books, but I can't seem to find anything that interests me.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find math/sci/engineering audio books?

Physics news on Phys.org
I know that Richard Dawkins' latest book (The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution) is on audio CD.

Try Amazon...

Feynman's lectures on physics are also available on audio book

1. What are the benefits of listening to audio books about Physics, Engineering, and Math?

Listening to audio books about Physics, Engineering, and Math allows for a more interactive and engaging learning experience. It can also improve retention and understanding of complex concepts by allowing listeners to pause and replay sections as needed. Additionally, it can be a convenient and hands-free way to learn while commuting or doing other tasks.

2. Are there any disadvantages to using audio books for learning about Physics, Engineering, and Math?

One potential disadvantage is that audio books may not include visual aids or diagrams that are often helpful in understanding complex concepts. It also may not be the best format for those who prefer taking notes or highlighting important information while studying.

3. What types of audio books are available for Physics, Engineering, and Math?

There are a variety of audio books available for these subjects, including educational lectures, textbooks, and popular science books. There are also audio books specifically designed for test preparation, such as for the GRE or MCAT.

4. Can audio books replace traditional textbooks and lectures for learning about Physics, Engineering, and Math?

While audio books can be a useful supplement to traditional learning methods, they may not completely replace textbooks and lectures. They can provide a different perspective and help reinforce concepts, but they may not cover all the necessary material in depth.

5. Are there any recommended audio books for beginners in Physics, Engineering, and Math?

Yes, there are many recommended audio books for beginners in these subjects. Some popular options include "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman, and "The Code Book" by Simon Singh. It is also helpful to read reviews and recommendations from other listeners to find the best fit for your learning style.