Physics Olympiad US: Register by Dec 19th - Deadline?

In summary, the speaker has just sent their registration for the US Physics Olympiad and is wondering if the deadline is based on the postmark or the arrival date. They also mention a Canadian physics program and ask for clarification on the registration process. The conversation then turns to discussing the possibility of a Physics Special Olympiad and university physics contests. The speaker also mentions that the contest will not take place until January or February and asks for more information regarding the test dates.
coldsunlight
hey guys, Ijust sent my regostration for Physics olympiad (US).
Do you know if they count on postmark or the day the mail arrives to consider which one is late? Cause the deadline of payment is Dec 19.

Physics news on Phys.org
For a Canaidan physics olympiad prepare program its the date it arrives at the mail. what do you mean that you send in the regostration? don't you have to do the contests?

please excuse my typo.
I just sent my registration and I am living in the US.
after that, they will perhaps send the test to my school if I am not counted as late

coldsunlight said:
please excuse my typo.
I just sent my registration and I am living in the US.
after that, they will perhaps send the test to my school if I am not counted as late

hmm don't they have the contest for everyone on the same day?

They should do it by the date that says on the mail, its more proper.

How are you studying?

Hmm... this sounds interesting. Do they perhaps have a Physics Special Olympiad? I might actually stand a chance in that one.

WarPhalange said:
Hmm... this sounds interesting. Do they perhaps have a Physics Special Olympiad? I might actually stand a chance in that one.

I thought your going to grad school... There's university physics contests too... how much harder are they?

Last edited:
Bright Wang said:
I thought going to grad school... There's university physics contests too... how much harder are they?

*whoosh*

;)

nah, the contest will not occur until Jan/Feb
They don't give out a certain test date but your school is supposed to let students take the test during a period of time from day x to day y

still, nobody answers my question?

1. What is the Physics Olympiad US?

The Physics Olympiad US is a competition for high school students to showcase their knowledge and skills in physics. It is organized by the American Association of Physics Teachers and the American Institute of Physics.

2. Who can participate in the Physics Olympiad US?

Any high school student who is a US citizen or permanent resident is eligible to participate. The competition is open to students in grades 9-12.

3. When is the registration deadline for the Physics Olympiad US?

The registration deadline for the Physics Olympiad US is December 19th. All registration forms and fees must be submitted by this date.

4. How do I register for the Physics Olympiad US?

To register for the Physics Olympiad US, you must complete the online registration form on the official website. You will also need to pay the registration fee of $50.

5. What is the format of the Physics Olympiad US?

The Physics Olympiad US is a two-part competition. The first part is a 75-minute multiple choice exam, and the second part is a 90-minute free-response exam. The top performers from the first part will be invited to take the second part. The exams cover topics such as mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, and modern physics.