Physics texbook with lots of problems

• Classical
  • Thread starter LLT71
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation is about book recommendations for Classical Mechanics. The speaker mentions seeing a book with a lot of problems after each chapter on Amazon but forgot to bookmark it. Another person suggests the Schaum's Outline series for worked examples and exercises at a lower cost than textbooks. The speaker expresses their gratitude for the recommendations and wonders if the suggested book is the one they saw on Amazon.
LLT71
I remember I've seen here some book recommendations on Classical Mechanics, and when I saw few pages of a particular one from the Amazon it had a TON of problems after each chapter but I somehow forgot to bookmark it... Can someone provide me with the name? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
For a lot of worked examples and exercises, I have always liked the Schaum's Outline series. There is one for each of Engineering Mechanics: Statics, Engineering Mechanics Dynamics, Fluid mechanics, Fluid Dynamics, and others. They are typically much less expensive than textbooks.

Likes LLT71
none of the above but I like them both, so thanks for the recommendations! case closed :D

Related to Physics texbook with lots of problems

1. What kind of problems can I expect to find in this physics textbook?

The physics textbook with lots of problems will cover a wide range of topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics. The problems will range from basic conceptual questions to complex numerical calculations.

2. Are there solutions provided for the problems in this textbook?

Yes, the textbook will include detailed solutions for selected problems at the end of each chapter. This will help students to check their understanding and practice problem-solving techniques.

3. Is this textbook suitable for self-study or is it better to use it as a supplement to a class?

This textbook can be used for both self-study and as a supplement to a class. It contains clear explanations of concepts and a variety of problems to help students develop their problem-solving skills.

4. Is this textbook suitable for high school or college-level physics?

This textbook is suitable for both high school and college-level physics courses. It covers all the necessary topics and provides a good balance of conceptual understanding and mathematical problem-solving.

5. Can I access this textbook online or is it only available in print?

This textbook is available in both print and digital formats. Students can access the digital version through various online platforms, which may also provide additional resources such as interactive simulations and videos.