What's the View Like From My New Place?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pictures
In summary, Bear with me, I'm learning how to use my camera phone and I've just e-mailed these to myself from my phone. When I get my SD adaptor hopefully they'll look better.
Evo said:
Gully? It's the CHASM OF DOOM! It's where I fell and broke my arm. :frown:

Ok, so it's not a staight 20 foot drop directly into the creek, but it's at least a 45 degree slope in some places, something young girls with baby stollers and babies can manuever down, but not EVO! I fell when I slipped on an 8" dip in the grass. But it was DARK, and the grass was wet, and I was wearing thongs. :uhh: If 8" can break an arm, just imagine what me tumbling 20 feet would do. :grumpy:

It looks a lot more inviting with green grass around it rather than ice and snow. That's about the slope of my little bit of backyard too, except mine goes up, so it's hard for me to slide down it. :biggrin: Though, when I had my china cabinet delivered, it arrived on a rainy day, and the delivery guys decided to come down the hill into the back door rather than up the stairs from the front...they didn't carry it so much as hold it propped up while they slid down on their butts! :bugeye: (I don't know how they managed not to break anything...the cabinet or themselves...the one guy took a nasty looking fall before the slide, and I really didn't think the cabinet was going to get to the bottom in one piece, and was half expecting to be providing ice for at least a sprained ankle for the delivery guy).

Physics news on Phys.org
Some of my favorite art from local Artist Randal Spangler.

camerapictures023nl6.jpg

camerapictures024cu1.jpg

camerapictures025xm8.jpg

I like the puppy christmas tree. :rofl:

I don't normally see you around at this time, Evo!

Im up sick. :frown: So I'm going around playing with my camera, trying to figure out how to work it.

Thye're all signed limited editions, but I don't have the cat tree. :cry:

Last edited:
Aww.. I'm sorry to hear that.. get yourself a nice warm cup of tea (a true Brit's answer to everything :wink:) On second thoughts, wake up the Evo child and make her do it :rofl:

Still, looks like you're doing well with the camera.. I see the incorrect date/time has disappeared!

hey, the pics are cool

Hmm perhaps some sort of bacterial air filter will have to be introduced into this Evo suit.

Kurdt said:
Hmm perhaps some sort of bacterial air filter will have to be introduced into this Evo suit.
I need my suit! Can you put "magic fingers massage" into it?

Evo said:
I need my suit! Can you put "magic fingers massage" into it?

I could try but I'm worried about combining anything electrical with it. :uhh:

Next fall you need to sneek in a few daffodils down by the creek, what a lovely setting for some spring colors.

hypatia said:
Next fall you need to sneek in a few daffodils down by the creek, what a lovely setting for some spring colors.
Oh, sure! Broken arms, broken legs, broken hips... some friend. Evo must stay out of the "ditch of darn" at all costs!

BTW, I don't bother planting flowers. My "spring colors" fly - and sing.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1728325&postcount=378
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1728463&postcount=379
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1727717&postcount=371

Last edited by a moderator:
hypatia said:
Oooh, I "could" plant bulbs for next spring!

turbo-1 said:
Oh, sure! Broken arms, broken legs, broken hips... some friend. Evo must stay out of the "ditch of darn" at all costs!
Perhaps Kurdt should also build some type of structure that I could get harnessed into, like a cantilever, which I could hang from, then I could swing out over the Ditch of Darn and lower myself safely to the ground. Of course, while I am in my new protection suit.

turbo-1 said:
BTW, I don't bother planting flowers. My "spring colors" fly - and sing.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1728325&postcount=378
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1728463&postcount=379
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1727717&postcount=371
I *love* those pictures!

Yeah, if you get any ideas about planting flowers down there, you're first going to have to get into a safety harness and be fully supervised by a professional mountain climber.

Evo said:
I *love* those pictures!
Thanks! I love *my* birds. It sounds like a jungle out here with all of the singing and calls. I get repeat visitors and new ones. Sometimes, they're "just flying through" and won't stay. Last spring, I had migrant Baltimore orioles and scarlet tanagers, but either the heavy finch/grosbeak/sparrow populations looked like too much competition, or the terrain/vegetation wasn't just right. They stuck around for a day or so, then moved on. The chickadees that camped out with me all winter have dispersed, with only a few nesting pairs remaining. It's wonderful living out in the woods. In our last house in a subdevelopment, our lot bordered on forest with nothing but trees and brush, etc all the way to the river (1/4 mile or so). Even, so, we never saw this variety of birds, nor did they nest nearby for the most part.

cristo said:
Still, looks like you're doing well with the camera.. I see the incorrect date/time has disappeared!
Whoa! You're right! How did that happen?

Last edited:
maybe it has a smart chip---did you plug it into the computer?

Another picture sitting on my patio.

camerapictures045zo4.jpg

That would have been the winning entry in this week photo contest. Care to reveal type of camera, Evo?

Very pretty. I love fuschias.

fuzzyfelt said:
Very pretty. I love fuschias.
So do squirrels, I cought one hanging on my basket of them, calmly eating a bud right in front of me! I've had them in the past, and never seen this befor. Maybe I just got a fuschia addict on my hands?

Andre said:
That would have been the winning entry in this week photo contest. Care to reveal type of camera, Evo?
It's a really inexpensive little camera the Evo Child bought me for mother's day. I told her I wanted to be able to "point and click". They didn't have the camera she had planned to buy me, so for $85 she got this. It's a Polaroid i631, 6 megapixel. I have a very nice complicated digital camera that I never use because it's too complicated. :tongue:

Ah, I see the Evo child's first test picture she took after she gave it to me.

camerapictureskt4.jpg

Here is a picture of one of the many water gardens at the arboretum near me. I love that place. I didn't take this picture. This is where the mountain lions live. Well, they live up on the cliff that you can't see. :biggrin:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9456/overlandparkarboretum04ph3.jpg

Evo said:
Here is a picture of one of the many water gardens at the arboretum near me. I love that place. I didn't take this picture. This is where the mountain lions live. Well, they live up on the cliff that you can't see. :biggrin:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9456/overlandparkarboretum04ph3.jpg
[/URL]

very Monet-esque

Actually, that is the Monet garden.

Do you nearly have enough photos to do a google Earth like map of your house? Evo, all these photos look stunning, looks a really nice place.

I got this e-mail message today.

Hello pretty lady. You beautiful very much. I make frisky you, ya?

(a hello from an old friend... if you can guess which one)
:rofl:

It was from an old friend of mine in Canada. And yes, I guessed who it was. I must say it made my day. :biggrin:

:rofl:

That's really good!

...I make frisky you...:rofl:

Evo, Claude was nearsighted and couldn't see detail well. You should have taken THIS picture.
overlandparkarboretum.jpg

That's perfect turbo!

I have a friend in Pittsburgh whose closest buddy out there is a well-known painter and sculptor. When he was coming back here to Maine, he asked if I wanted to meet him in Boston to view a Manet exhibition. I said "Not really, but if it were Monet I'd go in a minute" and he said "That's exactly what Nick said". Monet is my favorite impressionist.

Last edited:
It appears that I may have broken my right arm last night. I didn't break it in two like my left arm. I have a very painful egg sized lump on the front side of my arm just below the elbow, a minor break or crack. I guess I will know for sure Monday when I go to the doctor.

This wasn't my fault. The Evo Child likes to work out at the excersize club here because it is less crowded than the one at her apartment, and she left one of her dumbells lying in the middle of the hallway. Of course I tripped over it and sacrificed my arm to save smashing my face. All in all a wise decision on my part.

Evo said:
It appears that I may have broken my right arm last night. I didn't break it in two like my left arm. I have a very painful egg sized lump on the front side of my arm just below the elbow, a minor break or crack. I guess I will know for sure Monday when I go to the doctor.

This wasn't my fault. The Evo Child likes to work out at the excersize club here because it is less crowded than the one at her apartment, and she left one of her dumbells lying in the middle of the hallway. Of course I tripped over it and sacrificed my arm to save smashing my face. All in all a wise decision on my part.

What are we going to do with you Evo? I hope its not too serious and gets better soon.

*sends urgent request to kings horses and men*