Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pilot wave without non-locality

1. Aug 13, 2010 #1

zonde

Gold Member

I am trying to analyze EPR photon polarization experiment with pilotwaves.

We create H and V photons in both channels of PDC source. They have associated H and V pilotwaves.
    Now we analyze composed system of H and V photons and their pilotwaves with PBS.
    If PBS is rotatated so that it is in H/V base all H pilotwaves end up in one output channel and all V pilotwaves appear in other output channel.
    If PBS is rotatated so that it is in +45/-45 base half of H pilotwaves end up in the same output channel as half of V pilotwaves. Say they are coherent and create interference in this channel. Mirror pilotwaves arriving at other site create the same interference patern if PBS is rotated by 45° symmetricaly to the first site however if it is rotated by 45° anysimmetricaly to first site interference patern is exactly opposite with respect to first site.

This interference of H and V pilotwaves seems correct as there is a strict requirement in photon entanglement experiments that two modes (H and V) are in coherence. If they are not entangled state is reduced to product state of H and V polarizations and we do not observe correlations at +45/-45 base.
    What is unclear for me in this picture is the physical effect of positive interference of different pilotwaves. As I understand in double-slit experiment the effect is that photons are deflected from interference minima toward interference maxima. But here?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted