Solving a Complex Math Problem - Need Help!

• Thread starter Icetray
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Complex
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving finding the angular velocity of an arm, with a given equation and solution. The person asking for help also mentions needing more examples for similar problems.
Icetray
IHBkv.jpg

The attempt at a solution

[itex]\frac{n2 - n6}{n5 - n6}[/itex] = [itex]\frac{- 18}{30}[/itex][itex]\frac{-28}{20}[/itex]

The answer is -30.9 rad/s (clockwise). The problem looks rather simple and I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Also if anyone knows where I can get more worked examples on these kinds of problems I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance guys! (:

Physics news on Phys.org
As in the previous problem, consider the frame co-rotating with arm 6. In this frame, [tex]
n_2' = n_2 - n_6
\\ n_5' = n_5 - n_6
[/tex] Then you can easily relate [itex]n_2'[/itex] and [itex]n_5'[/itex] in this frame, and then convert to [itex]n_2[/itex], [itex]n_5[/itex] and [itex]n_6[/itex].

1. How do I begin solving a complex math problem?

The first step in solving a complex math problem is to carefully read and understand the problem. Identify the given information and what you are being asked to find. Then, try to break down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts.

2. What strategies can I use to solve a complex math problem?

There are many different strategies that can be used to solve a complex math problem, such as drawing a diagram, making a table or chart, using logical reasoning, or trying different approaches. It is important to find a strategy that works best for you and the specific problem you are trying to solve.

3. How do I check my work when solving a complex math problem?

Double-checking your work is an important step in solving a complex math problem. You can check your answer by plugging it back into the original problem, using a different method to solve the problem, or working backwards to see if your answer makes sense in the context of the problem.

4. What should I do if I am stuck on a complex math problem?

If you are struggling to solve a complex math problem, it may be helpful to take a break and come back to it later with a fresh perspective. You can also ask a friend or teacher for help, or look for similar examples or practice problems to gain a better understanding of the concept.

5. How can I improve my skills in solving complex math problems?

Practice is key to improving your skills in solving complex math problems. Make sure to review and understand important concepts, and regularly challenge yourself with new and challenging problems. You can also seek out additional resources, such as textbooks, online tutorials, or math tutoring, to help strengthen your problem-solving abilities.