Please advise me on my future goals.

In summary, the speaker has decided to pursue a Masters in Mechanical Engineering after discussions with family friends. They had a difficult start in engineering but have improved and are determined to achieve all A's in future terms. They currently have a 2.35 GPA with 15 classes left for their degree. They are wondering if they can get accepted into a Masters program with a strong finish and a good GRE score, or if they should focus on getting a P.E. certification.
FordRanger4x4
After some talks with several close family friends(all Engineers) I have decided that i would like to pursue a Maters in Mechanical Engineering. I had a tough time starting out in Engineering failing cal 1 my first time i took it. But after all of that i have strung together all B's this past term and am hell bent on getting all A's this summer and fall. Currently i have a 2.35 GPA with around 15 classes left to take for my ME degree. If i were to continue to step up my studies and finish very strong combined with a decent GRE score, would i be accepted somewhere for a Masters Program? Or should I pursue getting a P.E.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I think that would suffice for a decent Masters Programme; you don't have to worry about a PE.

Last edited:
Masters in Mechanical Engineering, since you're incapable of deducing that yourself.

1. What steps can I take to determine my future goals?

First, it's important to reflect on your interests, values, and strengths. This can help guide you towards potential career paths. You can also research different industries and job roles to see what aligns with your goals. Additionally, talking to professionals in fields you are interested in can provide valuable insight and guidance.

2. How do I set achievable goals for my future?

When setting goals, it's important to make them specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART). This means breaking down big goals into smaller, actionable steps. It's also important to regularly review and adjust your goals as needed.

3. Should I focus on short-term or long-term goals for my future?

It's important to have a balance of both short-term and long-term goals. Short-term goals help you make progress towards your long-term goals, while long-term goals provide a bigger picture for your future. It's important to prioritize and regularly review both types of goals.

4. What should I do if my goals change over time?

It's completely normal for your goals to change as you grow and learn. It's important to regularly reflect on your goals and make adjustments as needed. Don't be afraid to change your goals if they no longer align with your values or interests.

5. How can I stay motivated to achieve my future goals?

One of the best ways to stay motivated is to surround yourself with a supportive network. This can include friends, family, mentors, or even online communities. It's also important to celebrate your accomplishments along the way and remind yourself of why you set these goals in the first place.