Please help me, am really bad in physics.

Homework Statement

At a certain location, wind is blowing steadily at 10m/s . Determine the mechanical energy of air per unit mass and the power generation potential of a wind turbine with 60m diameter blades at the location. Density of air is 1.25kgm-3. ( ans : 0.05kJ/kg, 1770kW )

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm seriously bad at physics and I totally have no idea at all in this question, so there is no attempt at all. Please help me.[/B]

Answers and Replies

haruspex
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
What happens to a wind when it passes through a turbine? Where does the energy come from that drives the turbine?

What happens to a wind when it passes through a turbine? Where does the energy come from that drives the turbine?
Hi haruspex, the question given is just like this. :frown:

haruspex
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Hi haruspex, the question given is just like this. :frown:
I'm asking you to think.

I'm asking you to think.
The wind pass through the turbine just like that isn't it? The energy that drives the turbine, mechanical energy?

haruspex
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
The wind pass through the turbine just like that isn't it? The energy that drives the turbine, mechanical energy?
Is the wind exactly the same after it has passed through? Yes, it's mechanical energy, but what form does that take in a wind?

Is the wind exactly the same after it has passed through? Yes, it's mechanical energy, but what form does that take in a wind?
The velocity of the wind changed? Hmmm.... kinetic energy is the answer?