Proving y=ln|x| and its Limits: A Comprehensive Guide

• Thread starter Ayinajin
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses two mathematical proofs involving the natural logarithm function. The first proof shows that the derivative of ln|x| is equal to 1/x. The second proof involves the limit of ln|x| as x approaches positive infinity and 0 from the positive side, which is shown to be positive and negative infinity respectively.
Ayinajin
I’ll appreciated very much if anyone can help me with any of these following proves by any means. Thank you!

prove:
1. y=ln|x| = y'=1/x

2. lim ln|x|=+ infinity as x approaches toward positive infinity and-
lim ln|x| = - infinity as x approaches 0 from positive side

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Maybe something like this... Let f(x) = exp(ln(x)), where exp(x) = e^x. Using the chain rule, we have that f'(x) = exp(ln(x)) * d/dx(ln(x)) = x * d/dx(ln(x)). But since f(x) = x, we must also have f'(x) = 1. Thus x * d/dx(ln(x)) = 1, or d/dx(ln(x)) = 1/x.

Muzza said:
Maybe something like this... Let f(x) = exp(ln(x)), where exp(x) = e^x. Using the chain rule, we have that f'(x) = exp(ln(x)) * d/dx(ln(x)) = x * d/dx(ln(x)). But since f(x) = x, we must also have f'(x) = 1. Thus x * d/dx(ln(x)) = 1, or d/dx(ln(x)) = 1/x.

Thank you Muzza! That was beautiful! How about my second problem?

What does "Please help me with these" mean?

"Please help me with these" is a request for assistance or guidance with a specific task or problem. It typically implies that the person asking for help is struggling and needs someone else's expertise or support.

Why do people say "Please help me with these"?

People say "Please help me with these" because they are facing a challenge that they cannot overcome on their own. They may be seeking advice, resources, or simply someone to work with them to find a solution.

What should I do if someone says "Please help me with these"?

If someone asks for your help by saying "Please help me with these," the best thing to do is to listen to their request and try to understand what they need from you. You can then offer your assistance in whatever way you are able to.

How can I effectively help someone who says "Please help me with these"?

To effectively help someone who asks for your assistance by saying "Please help me with these," it is important to communicate openly and actively listen to their needs. Offer your support and expertise, but also be respectful of their ideas and opinions.

What are some common ways to respond to someone who says "Please help me with these"?

Common ways to respond to someone who asks for your help by saying "Please help me with these" include acknowledging their request, asking for clarification if needed, offering your assistance, and expressing your willingness to work together to find a solution.