Plot with polynomial degree of 14 in Mathematica

In summary, a polynomial of degree 14 in Mathematica is a mathematical expression with 14 terms, each containing a variable raised to a power. To plot this polynomial, you can use the "Plot" function and specify the polynomial expression as the first argument. You can also change the color or style of the plot by using the "PlotStyle" option and add a title and labels by using the "PlotLabel" and "AxesLabel" options. Additionally, you can find the roots of a polynomial of degree 14 in Mathematica using the "Roots" or "NSolve" functions.
shrndf

Homework Statement

I have list( Depth vs. Deflection) of data which requires plotting with the polynomial degree of 14.

Homework Equations

I need help to figure out how to plot with polynomial degree.

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• Data for plotting.nb
    34.5 KB · Views: 444
Physics news on Phys.org
You can plot the data by using any software like MATLAB or Excel. You can fit a polynomial of degree 14 by using appropriate commands in the software.

Related to Plot with polynomial degree of 14 in Mathematica

1. What is a polynomial of degree 14 in Mathematica?

A polynomial of degree 14 in Mathematica is a mathematical expression with 14 terms, each containing a variable raised to a power. It can be written in the form of ax^14 + bx^13 + cx^12 + ... + nx + d, where a, b, c, ..., n, and d are coefficients and x is the variable.

2. How do I plot a polynomial of degree 14 in Mathematica?

To plot a polynomial of degree 14 in Mathematica, you can use the "Plot" function and specify the polynomial expression as the first argument. For example, if your polynomial is 3x^14 - 2x^13 + 5x^12, you can write "Plot[3x^14 - 2x^13 + 5x^12, {x, -10, 10}]" to plot it over the range of -10 to 10 on the x-axis.

3. Can I change the color or style of the plot in Mathematica?

Yes, you can change the color or style of the plot in Mathematica by using the "PlotStyle" option in the "Plot" function. For example, you can write "Plot[3x^14 - 2x^13 + 5x^12, {x, -10, 10}, PlotStyle -> Red]" to plot the polynomial in red color. You can also specify other plot styles such as dashed or dotted lines.

4. How can I add a title and labels to the plot in Mathematica?

To add a title and labels to the plot in Mathematica, you can use the "PlotLabel" and "AxesLabel" options in the "Plot" function. For example, you can write "Plot[3x^14 - 2x^13 + 5x^12, {x, -10, 10}, PlotLabel -> "Polynomial of Degree 14", AxesLabel -> {"x-axis", "y-axis"}]" to add a title and labels to the plot.

5. Is it possible to find the roots of a polynomial of degree 14 in Mathematica?

Yes, it is possible to find the roots of a polynomial of degree 14 in Mathematica using the "Roots" function. This function will return a list of all the possible roots of the polynomial. You can also use the "NSolve" function to find numerical approximations of the roots.