Resolving Complex Problems: Seeking Help for Unknown Forces and Solutions

• Thread starter future_eng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Complex
In summary, the 30 unit vector extends from the left side to the lower right corner, and the 40 unit vector extends from the lower left corner to the top side. The vertical component of the 30 unit vector, V1, is between 28.284 and 30, and the vertical component of the 40 unit vector, V2, is 0 < V2 < 10. The horizontal component of the 30 unit vector, H2, is 28.284 < H2 < 30 and the horizontal component of the 40 unit vector, H3, is 54.742 < H3 < 58.284.
future_eng
386939160.jpg

in the first problem i canot know how i can i get resultant force if i havenot the angles of force , i think a lot of this problem but i canot get its soluntion so please help me in resolving it .

i try also to resolve the second problem but i canot so please help me in resolving it also

Physics news on Phys.org
In the first excercise, you don't have the angles, but notice that, for example, the 40 force has a component 3a (the side of the square) in the y direction and a component of 3a/2 in the x direction (it reaches half the upper side). so, if it's angle with respect to the x-axis is O, then Tan(O)=(3a)/(3a/2)=2 so O=Arctan(2), about 63 degrees. similar with the others.

try using the torques in the second one

matiasmorant said:
In the first excercise, you don't have the angles, but notice that, for example, the 40 force has a component 3a (the side of the square) in the y direction and a component of 3a/2 in the x direction (it reaches half the upper side). so, if it's angle with respect to the x-axis is O, then Tan(O)=(3a)/(3a/2)=2 so O=Arctan(2), about 63 degrees. similar with the others.

Thnx a lot matiasmorant , you helped me so much in resolving the first one . Really thanx

y.moghadamnia said:
try using the torques in the second one

Thanx for ur reply . i tried torques but it didnot help

i resolved the first one but now please help me in resolving the second one .

matiasmorant said:
notice that, for example, the 40 force has a component 3a (the side of the square) in the y direction and a component of 3a/2 in the x direction

Uh... how did you know that the x-component of the 40 force is (3a)/2? Just because it looks like it doesn't make it so!

In order for the 30 unit vector to extend from the left side to the lower right corner, it must be greater than 3a units long. Also, for the 40 unit vector to extend from the lower left corner to the top side, it must be less than the length of the diagonal, that is, less than 3a[itex]\sqrt2[/tex] units long. However, there is not enough information given to find the exact numerical value for the resultant vector; it can only be shown in terms of "a."

zgozvrm said:
However, there is not enough information given to find the exact numerical value for the resultant vector; it can only be shown in terms of "a."

Even then, we can only give a range of answers.
That is, we don't have enough information to give us either the vertical component of the 30 unit vector, or the horizontal component of the 40 unit vector.

Since we know that in order for a vector to extend from one side of a square to one of the square's vertices, it must be both longer than one of the square's sides AND shorter than the square's diagonal (as stated in my last post).

Simplifying, we know that
[tex]\frac{20}{3}\sqrt{2} < a < 10[/tex]

or

9.428 < a < 10

This means that the vertical component of the 40 unit vector, V1, is between 28.284 and 30 (3a). Or 28.284 < V1 < 30. That gives us a horizontal component, H1, such that 26.458 < H1 < 28.284.

Likewise, the horizontal component of the 30 unit vector, H2, is 28.284 < H2 < 30 and the vertical component of the 30 unit vector, V2, is 0 < V2 < 10.

Finally, the vertical component of the vector resulting from the sum of the 30 and 40 unit vectors, V3, is 28.284 < V3 < 40 and the horizontal component, H3, is 54.742 < H3 < 58.284

What are the two complex problems that need help with?

The two complex problems are not specified, but perhaps they could be clarified in order to provide more specific assistance.

Why are these problems considered complex?

Complex problems are typically defined as those that involve multiple variables, require a significant amount of analysis and problem-solving, and may not have a clear solution. It is important to break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts in order to effectively address them.

What steps can I take to solve complex problems?

Some strategies for solving complex problems include breaking them down into smaller parts, gathering relevant information and data, brainstorming potential solutions, and considering different perspectives. It may also be helpful to seek input from others and to approach the problem systematically.

Can you provide an example of successfully solving a complex problem?

An example of successfully solving a complex problem could be a team of scientists working together to develop a new medical treatment. This would involve extensive research, experimentation, collaboration, and critical thinking in order to create a viable solution.

What resources are available for help with complex problems?

There are many resources available for help with complex problems, such as books, online articles and tutorials, workshops, and consulting services. It may also be helpful to seek guidance and advice from experienced individuals or professionals in the relevant field.