1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Possible Variables in a Planck's Constant Practical?

1. Jul 26, 2009 #1
    I'm doing a practical for Physics and writing a report on it so I chose Planck's constant. I know that one of the variables I can change could be the frequency of the oscillating waves but my teacher says that you should consider two variables if you want to do well.

I don't know what other variable to consider in this case since I'm only just starting to leaern abut Planck's constant and the Photoelectric effect.

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 26, 2009 #2

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your description is far too vague for us to really be able to help you. WHAT question specifically are you trying to answer about Planck's constant? Also, WHAT variables are you referring to? I can guess what, "the frequency of the oscillating waves" might refer to in this context, but it would be far more helpful if you made that clear.

I am going to assume that a physics "practical" is an assignment in which you are asked to research a topic of physics and write a report about it (which is a pretty strange way of going about learning physics if you ask me).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook