Practical Report For Investigation to flight (wind tunnel)?

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of creating a practical report for a wind tunnel experiment. The speaker has learned the basic principles of lift and thrust but is unsure how to convert measurements and plot them on a graph. They also have questions about what to include in the report, such as the aim, background theory, apparatus, method, data, and analysis. They express the need for more information and suggest asking the teacher for clarification.
Physics Time
So we need to make a practical report and I'm not sure how to do it. I've learned the basics like lift equals weight and thrust equals drag.. and then the teacher made a model wind tunnel in class, we then got air speed(km/h) and its mass(g) etc. for it then we had to convert them to life and speed (ms-1) which I'm not too sure how to do and then plot them on a graph...

Checklist: Now the teacher wants us to make a report.. so for the Aim should i write that we want to find out the air speed and the mass? For background theory should I write about how it was found out?? For Apparatus just the things we used.. For Method: how it was used? .. For data: just the numbers we got... Analysis?? conclusion? I don't know what we were trying to achieve by doing this??...

Need help on how to do this and more information for a wind tunnel (investigation to flight (airfoil...)) practical report

Thanks.

Science news on Phys.org
i think physics does not include reading the mind of you teacher. maybe you should ask him what you supposed to do.

Related to Practical Report For Investigation to flight (wind tunnel)?

What is the purpose of a practical report for an investigation to flight in a wind tunnel?

The purpose of a practical report for an investigation to flight in a wind tunnel is to document and communicate the findings and results of the experiment conducted in the wind tunnel. This report provides a detailed description of the experimental setup, methodology, data analysis, and conclusions drawn from the experiment.

What equipment is typically used in a wind tunnel experiment?

The equipment used in a wind tunnel experiment includes a wind tunnel, which is a tunnel-like structure with a fan or blower at one end to create airflow, and a model or test subject, such as an aircraft or vehicle, that is placed inside the tunnel. Other equipment may include sensors, data collection devices, and computer software for data analysis.

What are the important factors to consider when designing a wind tunnel experiment?

When designing a wind tunnel experiment, it is important to consider factors such as the size and shape of the model, the speed and direction of airflow, the type of airflow (steady or unsteady), and the environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.). These factors can greatly affect the accuracy and relevance of the experiment's results.

What types of data are typically collected in a wind tunnel experiment?

The types of data collected in a wind tunnel experiment may include aerodynamic forces (lift, drag, and thrust), pressure distribution on the model, airflow velocity and turbulence, and model deformation. Other data, such as temperature and humidity, may also be collected to study the effects of environmental conditions on the model's performance.

How is the data analyzed and interpreted in a wind tunnel experiment?

The data collected in a wind tunnel experiment is typically analyzed using statistical methods and compared to theoretical or experimental results. The data is then interpreted to draw conclusions about the aerodynamic behavior of the model and to identify areas for improvement. Visual aids, such as graphs and charts, may also be used to present the data in a more meaningful way.