Is Prague's Airport Really the Worst in the World?

• Thread starter LowlyPion
  • Start date
In summary, a leaked report names Prague's Airport as the world's worst, however this is misleading as the video showcasing the airport is a comedy and Prague's airport is not actually the worst. Other airports, such as Warsaw's, have worse reputations. Additionally, there is a list of banned items for European flights that is kept secret, and some travelers have had negative experiences with overbooked or early departing flights.
LowlyPion
Homework Helper
This report names Prague's Airport as the world's worst.

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/pragues_franz_kafka_international?utm_source=a-section

Perhaps this report was leaked a week early?

Physics news on Phys.org
That must be the set for a new comedy, was that guy at the desk Steven Fry in disguise.

The video is definitely funny, but totally misleading. Prague is one of my favorite European cities, and Prague's airport is really no worse than, say, Ontario International near LA.

- Warren

That's unfair. The worst airport in this part of the world is in Warsaw. Some departures were delayed by 3 years.

chroot said:
The video is definitely funny, but totally misleading.
It can't have been filmed at Heathrow - the escalators are working!

For the real best and worst see http://www.salon.com/tech/col/smith/2007/06/15/askthepilot236/

It is nice to know that Franz finally got a job with the civil service. There is a list of banned items you can't take on a plane in Europe - but the list is secret! http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/10/hand_luggage_banned_list/

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone been to Colombo. We(me and my girl) were not allowed to board the plane for which we had tickets 6 months in advance, because supposedly we weren't there early enough and all the seats were already taken. That was the time when i was aquainted with the verb "overbooked", LOL. And we were at the counter 2 hours and 10min before the flight. When confronted why they had overbooked the plane, the manager said " no, we downsized the plane". Go figure.

chroot said:
The video is definitely funny, but totally misleading. Prague is one of my favorite European cities, and Prague's airport is really no worse than, say, Ontario International near LA.

- Warren

Or San Juan Puerto Rico.

I was coming in on a connecting flight and I went to catch the next flight and they said. It's gone. I said what do you mean it's gone? It's not supposed to leave for 1/2 hour. They said oh they just decided to leave early.

Early? Arrive early all you want ... but leave early? Egads. That'll keep you on your toes.

I'll take a thatched hut terminal (like Chizen Itza, Mexico used to have in 1966, or Isla de Roatan, Hondurus in 1968) over a turbulent plane ride.

1. Why was Prague Airport named the worst?

According to a survey by AirHelp, Prague Airport was deemed the worst due to its low on-time performance, long wait times, and poor customer service.

2. How does Prague Airport's performance compare to other airports?

In the same survey, Prague Airport ranked last out of 132 airports worldwide. It also received a low score of 5.7 out of 10 for overall passenger satisfaction.

3. What factors contribute to Prague Airport's poor performance?

In addition to delays and long wait times, Prague Airport has also faced criticism for its lack of amenities and facilities, as well as its outdated infrastructure.

4. Has Prague Airport made any efforts to improve its ranking?

In response to the survey, Prague Airport has stated that it is working to improve its performance and has invested in upgrades to its facilities and services.

5. How reliable is the AirHelp survey in ranking airports?

The AirHelp survey takes into account a variety of factors, including on-time performance and customer service ratings, and is based on data from multiple sources. However, it is important to note that other surveys and rankings may have different results.