What is the role of EMSFT in predicting photon chemistry?

In summary, the photon's substructure consists of two sub-particles of equal mass and opposite charge in dynamic equilibrium with each other. The EM self-field model provides a mathematical description of the photon with degrees of freedom associated with the electric (E-) and magnetic (H-) fields, the electric permittivity, ε, and the magnetic permeability, μ, of a region. As in the application of EMSFT to the hydrogen atom, the simple photon can exist in a range of energy states that depend on the motions of the phectron and phroton. Analogous
tfleming
Abstract: The internal structure of the photon can be described via the EM self-field model (EMSFT) [Fleming and Colorio 2004] (www.biophotonicsresearchinstitute.com) whereby the ordinary photon consists of two sub-particles of equal mass and opposite charge in dynamic equilibrium with each other. The sub-photonic particles are termed the phectron and the phroton, corresponding to the electron and proton of the hydrogen atom. As in the application of EMSFT to the hydrogen atom, the mathematical description of the photon has degrees of freedom associated with the electric (E-) and magnetic (H-) fields, the electric permittivity, ε, and the magnetic permeability, μ, of a region. Since there are two fields per sub-particle (E- and H-fields), there are six degrees of freedom altogether. EMSFT provides eigensolutions for the simple photon and its compounds. Analogous to the spectroscopy of the hydrogen atom, the simple photon can exist in a range of energy states that depend on the motions of the phectron and phroton. Analogous to atomic chemistry, the photon exists as compounds wherein the various sub-photonic structures assume distinct entities. These compounds correspond to the bosons and gluons that mediate the EM, weak and strong nuclear forces known to physics. In regions where gluons exist, the equations controlling the fields are a modified version of Maxwell’s two curl and two divergence equations. For the strong force there are three curl and three divergence equations, there being a new type of field herein termed the nuclear field that depends upon compounded triplets of the phectron and phroton. There is evidence for a photonic chemistry found in nature, including the layered spherical structure of the ionosphere, the various snowflake structures, and hydration structures found in and around DNA and other important biological proteins. It appears that a photonic chemistry may be similarly involved in energy/temperature dependent processes such as the cell cycle.

Science news on Phys.org
Who do we contact about "overly speculative posts"? I think we've got a prime example here...

And who do we contact about overly quick critique??

The thing about quantum field theories is that they hinge on tenets such as photon = zero rest mass; well that's ok iff you're dealing with atomic or nuclear collisions, but when you HAVE to deal with energies with some degree of subtlety i.e. bioenergy, cell cycles, etc, then you begin to see how the photon may well have a small mass; see Jackson R.D. 2000 and his comments on the limits of classical EM via the higher limit on the mass of the photon. The abstract above gives some examples which are otherwise unexplained other than non-zero photon mass; I DO hope we're not locked in the 'cage' of QFT together here;; I'm certainly not! LOL

Try the red, white, and black triangle shaped thingy at the bottom left corner of the post.

i take it that "little red thingy" is baaaaad huh? sooooo, field theory by subjective critique! just what the world needs! read my journal lads, and see what this is all about! and stop wearing your underpants backwards. and learn by looking outside the box, and not rooting through your old lecture notes. Maths is subservient to the physics it is employed by, NOT the other way round; go and play chess somewhere else; this is applied maths/physics!

If someone was reporting a small photon mass in a high energy physics experiment, I'd be extremely skeptical, but not nearly as skeptical as I am about a claim that a photon mass would show up in a low energy environment like biological chemistry.

That's going "over the top", in my opinion, anyway. We'll see what the moderators think, I've never done the "complain about overly speculative posts" thing before.

try to think of this (EMSFT) as a numerical method, then you won't be tempted to think of it as a 'challenge' to the 'reality' of your own precepts. Then the photon's substructure solves a number of real-world problems! we're not talking about cosmology but biology here!

ok, now I've got your attention, you're in MY domain here when you talk about biochemistry!

Inside cells AND outside, there's a dynamic balance occurring. This
balance occurs on different time levels; there's an overall cell energy
dictated by the integrity of the tissue, and then there's an 'as needed'
signalling basis in which the photon's chemistry plays its part via the
ionic concentrations that flow through the membrane. There are two
rotations that can occur just like EMSFT and these can occur via dipolar
structures imbedded in the plasma membrane.

This double rotation is analogous to those of the electron in a hydrogen
atom. It causes a dynamic equilibrium to be established between a
particular cell and a tissue of cells. WHenever the dynamic equilibrium
requires it, the overall tissue can concentrate its energy on areas where
say motosis or apoptosis is required.

In neurons, the ca2+ signals directly to the DNA; the process is similar
to the way photons are emitted from atoms. The light is emitted in
discrete quantities of energy (h*nu) depending on the spectroscopy of the
particular atom, in this case ca2+. This is an EM signal no more no less
that is able to permeate inside the cell; it is NOT an electrostatic field
, but an oscillating field that can disrupt as it were some specific bond
of the DNA at its centre.

This is exactly how the cancerous cell can be disrupted (see url below).

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/64/9/3288

the signal is from the FIELD of the ca2+ and NOT from the nucleons or electron!

1. What is photon chemistry?

Photon chemistry is the study of chemical reactions that are initiated or controlled by the absorption of light, specifically photons. This field aims to understand how light energy can be used to drive chemical reactions and create new compounds.

2. How is photon chemistry different from traditional chemistry?

Photon chemistry differs from traditional chemistry in that it focuses on the use of light energy to drive chemical reactions, rather than relying solely on thermal or mechanical energy. This allows for more precise control over reactions and the creation of unique compounds.

3. How do scientists predict photon chemistry?

Scientists use a combination of theoretical calculations and experimental data to predict photon chemistry. Theoretical calculations involve using quantum mechanics to model the behavior of electrons and photons, while experimental data provides evidence for the validity of these models.

4. What are the potential applications of predicting photon chemistry?

Predicting photon chemistry has a wide range of potential applications, including in the development of new materials, solar energy conversion, and drug design. It also has implications for understanding natural processes such as photosynthesis and bioluminescence.

5. What are the challenges in predicting photon chemistry?

One of the main challenges in predicting photon chemistry is the complex interactions between photons and molecules. This requires advanced theoretical models and sophisticated experimental techniques. Additionally, the high-energy nature of photons can make it difficult to control and predict reactions, leading to unexpected results.