Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Private Messages

1. Jan 16, 2005 #1
    I'm sorry… this is so out of character for me, but I just received a Private Messsage that inspired me to start a thread. I won't bother to say who sent it to me, but here it is:
    This was my response:

Anyways, I don't really mean to rag on this guy, and I feel pretty bad posting this as it is, but I have to ask if any of you have some good stories about whack private messages. DO tell, if you do.

Grace

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Don't ever hesitate to report inappropriate private messages to a mentor, we can take necessary action against the person bothering you.

4. Jan 16, 2005 #3
    I have to agree, although it is a strange question. This guy probably just has a pubic hair fetish… I don't take it personally. I have yet to receive one that offends me. I find it flattering that people want my opinion on things, no matter how trivial the question might seem.

Grace

5. Jan 16, 2005 #4
    so what's the answer? shaved or not?
    lol jk

6. Jan 16, 2005 #5
    LOL. Like I said before, I didn't find the question offensive, and I wouldn't mind answering it or whatever, I just though it was a tactless way to approach someone and I just wanted to hear if anyone ever got Private messages like that. I thought maybe it would be funny to hear some stories. Anyways, sorry there were just a few thoughts on all of this. I think I'm done with this thread. Besides, I have to go shave my pubic hair off. :wink:

7. Jan 16, 2005 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just couldn't help laughing when I read the quoted text in the OP. That was just too funny...no offence meant ! Just sounded too much like someone...but that someone's not around anymore, I think.

I've gotten some weird PMs too - not funny, just weird.

One person - who I'd had no interaction with, nor recall having read any posts of - repeatedly PMed me asking me to determine the identity of another member (without making this member suspicious) who he thought was someone he knew. For some reason, he didn't want the other person to know who he really was, so couldn't directly ask. I told him that I could not do that, but would pass on any message to this other member maintaining his (the PMer's) anonymity. He wouldn't have that. After a couple of repeated PMs requesting (no, pleading) my action he stopped. Much later, I got a final PM from him, saying he was mistaken after all, so don't bother.

Since it seems like this person picked me at random, I think he may have asked this favor of others as well.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  8. Jan 16, 2005 #7
    Thats funny.

9. Jan 16, 2005 #8
    The original post was quite funny as well. I've gotten one asking me a Physics question nothing weird.

10. Jan 16, 2005 #9
    I have never received so much as a single untoward PM, despite my hopes! Some people have all the luck.

*I'd love to hear an answer to post #4* :rofl: :shy:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2005
  11. Jan 16, 2005 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't despair. I'll send you a filthy PM later, Boulderhead. xox :wink:

12. Jan 16, 2005 #11
    Thank you MIH, it would really mean a lot to me and I promise not to expose you !

13. Jan 16, 2005 #12

Keep us updated, and maybe post few pictures, Hmmm ?

14. Jan 16, 2005 #13

Curious3141

Homework Helper

So what's the answer ? Inquiring minds want to know ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15. Jan 16, 2005 #14
    Well, you'll just have to wait till I'm a Playmate! Just kidding. My boyfriend has a few photos of me and is very happy. That specific guy who PM me will never see them.

I have some friends who have undergone laser hair removal to be permanently smooth… what does everyone think of that?

16. Jan 16, 2005 #15

Curious3141

Homework Helper

I like a bit of well maintained turf on the green before I putt. :biggrin:

17. Jan 16, 2005 #16

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not too fussy, but an unkempt mass of fuzz gets a bit tickly sometimes...

18. Jan 16, 2005 #17
    It's the only way to go if you truly want a hole in one.

Grace

19. Jan 16, 2005 #18
    Is a hole-in-one roughly equivalent to a bald eagle?

20. Jan 16, 2005 #19

Curious3141

Homework Helper

Better than a birdie in the bush. :tongue2:

21. Jan 16, 2005 #20
    Grace ? if that small picture in upper right corner is really you,then you are :tongue2:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?