Proportional plus derivative controller

Jason-Li
Homework Statement:
FIGURE 6 shows a proportional plus derivative controller that has a proportional band of 20% and a derivative action time of 0.1 minutes. Construct the shape of the output waveform for the triangular input waveform shown, if the input rises and falls at the rate of 4 units per minute.
Relevant Equations:
None required
Hello,

There is a thread related to this question however it was marked correct but doesn't look correct to me?

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/step-change-in-a-proportional-plus-integral-controller.961180/

I think I have it but it is quite different to other answers I have seen?
I have found
PB=20% hence gain=5
dAT = 0.1min = 6s
Would rise and peak at 2units at 30s however due to gain this will be 10units, hence change due to derivative would be:
10/30 * 6s = 2units, then once peaked at 30s it would reduce by the same derivative and create the following graph:
1610371239922.png

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Find out information about proportional-plus-derivative control. Control in which the control signal is a linear combination of the error signal and its derivative.
Can you post some links to such information that would be helpful for the Original Poster (OP)? Thanks.

Jason-Li
@spoto2 @berkeman

Sorry I've looked at a few different sources but my graph still looks correct to me, any advice?

berkeman
Mentor
Not one of my areas of expertise, unfortunately. Jim is no longer with us (RIP), but @rude man still is at PF... :smile:

Tromso80
Hi Jason, Just wondered what your maths is behind this?

Jason-Li
Hi Jason, Just wondered what your maths is behind this?

The maths is in the first post, which part are you unsure of?

Suggested for: Proportional plus derivative controller

• Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views