Prostate Cancer molecular level

In summary, the person is worried because they could not find any movies on molecular biology of prostate cancer for their upcoming presentation. They were advised to gather information and synthesize it into a presentation instead of just showing movies made by others. Some promising websites were suggested for information on the topic. The person thanked for the advice and said they will follow it for their group presentation.
Giantbab
I have searched the web for some movies available but I found none, I need them for my coming presentation, I really worried, please help me if possible.

thanks a buch

Biology news on Phys.org
You may not find "movies" regarding the molecular biology of prostate cancer, but there is plenty of information out there that could be adapted to a presentation (close to 800,000 hits on google for "molecular biology of prostate cancer"). Were you specifically told to find movies about your particular subject or just give a presentation? If this is for a school course or similar thing, you are going to learn a lot more and come off with a better presentation if you collect as much info as you can, digest it and synthesize it into a presentation that fits your particular needs, rather than just showing some movies someone else made.

Here are a couple of sites I found that look promising. Cancer Genetics web (scroll down a bit to find molecular section), http://www.nature.com/pcan/journal/v7/n1/abs/4500697a.html;jsessionid=B22A61064492B76DEDADD97696E3760F, http://www.research.ucla.edu/chal/99/dday/article04.htm[/URL], [PLAIN]http://prg.nci.nih.gov/prostate/prgbiol.html[/URL] (great info).

Last edited by a moderator:
10q very much

thats just a group presentation. i'll foloow ur advice

http://www.sltrib.com/nationworld/ci_2932193

1. What are the risk factors for developing prostate cancer at the molecular level?

Some of the known risk factors for developing prostate cancer at the molecular level include age, family history, race, and certain genetic mutations. Exposure to certain environmental toxins and chemicals may also play a role in the development of prostate cancer.

2. How does prostate cancer develop and progress at the molecular level?

Prostate cancer develops when normal cells in the prostate gland acquire genetic mutations that cause them to grow and divide uncontrollably. These mutated cells can form a tumor and can spread to other parts of the body if not treated. Progression of prostate cancer at the molecular level involves changes in gene expression, cell signaling pathways, and interactions with the surrounding microenvironment.

3. What molecular markers are used for diagnosing and monitoring prostate cancer?

The most commonly used molecular markers for diagnosing and monitoring prostate cancer are PSA (prostate-specific antigen) and various genetic mutations, such as TMPRSS2-ERG fusion and PTEN loss. These markers can be detected through blood tests, biopsies, and imaging techniques.

4. What are the current treatments for prostate cancer at the molecular level?

The current treatments for prostate cancer at the molecular level include surgery, radiation therapy, hormone therapy, chemotherapy, and immunotherapy. These treatments target different molecular pathways and mechanisms involved in the growth and progression of prostate cancer cells.

5. Can lifestyle changes or diet affect prostate cancer at the molecular level?

Some studies suggest that certain lifestyle changes, such as maintaining a healthy weight, regular exercise, and a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, may lower the risk of developing prostate cancer or slow its progression at the molecular level. However, more research is needed to fully understand the impact of lifestyle and diet on prostate cancer at the molecular level.