Proving 5G in G-Max Reverse Bungee in NZ & SG

In summary, the G-max Reverse Bungee in New Zealand and Singapore is a machine that attaches a car to two stretched giant rubber bands, then releases them from the ground, so that it rockets up (to 60m), quite like reversed bungee jumping. It claims to be able to achieve 5 G, and we are supposed to prove it.
wintergirl
1. there is such a reverse bungee machine called the G-max Reverse Bungee in New Zealand and Singapore. Basically it works by attaching a car to two stretched giant rubber bands, then releasing them from the ground, so that it rockets up (to 60m), quite like reversed bungee jumping. it claims to be able to achieve 5 G, and we are supposed to prove it.
2. we are allowed to assume the mass of the car and the people sitting in it. there was no given equation but i found this on wikipedia.
g=-[(MG)/r^2]R
where:
r is the vector from center of the object to the location we are considering, and
G is the gravitational constant of the universe.

3. so assuming the weight of the car + 3 people is 800kg, we can substitute to solve. but what does r mean? or alternatively, does anyone have a better solution to prove that it reaches 5G?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You won't have to use the gravity formula, and can just assume it is 9.8m/s^2. 5Gs means 5 times the acceleration of gravity, so you are looking to see if the bungee cords can accelerate the car to 5*9.8m/s^2. You will want to use Newton's second law for the forces from gravity and the spring. Are you given a spring constant, or is that what you are supposed to be solving for to see if it is reasonable?

thanks for your reply. ;D
i understand what you are trying to say.
and er no, actually we arent given anything. this is sort of a project, where we are supposed to find out about the topic then write an article on it. we haven't even been taught about G, only about acceleration. =(
is it possible to not include spring constant?

PS: sorry everyone, i know i haven't shown much trying in my work, but the thing is i have no idea where to start with since it wasnt taught...pls bear with me. thanks a load!

Related to Proving 5G in G-Max Reverse Bungee in NZ & SG

1. What is 5G?

5G is the fifth generation of wireless technology for cellular networks. It offers faster speeds, lower latency, and increased network capacity compared to previous generations.

2. What is the G-Max Reverse Bungee?

The G-Max Reverse Bungee is an amusement ride that involves being strapped into a harness and then launched into the air by a bungee cord attached to two towers. It provides a thrilling experience as riders experience weightlessness and rapid acceleration.

3. How is 5G being tested in the G-Max Reverse Bungee in NZ and SG?

5G is being tested by equipping the bungee harnesses with sensors that collect data on the rider's experience, such as heart rate and G-forces. This data is then transmitted in real-time using 5G technology to researchers who can analyze it for insights.

4. What is the purpose of proving 5G in the G-Max Reverse Bungee in NZ and SG?

The purpose is to demonstrate the capabilities of 5G technology in providing reliable and high-speed wireless connectivity even in extreme environments, such as on a bungee ride. It also allows for potential applications of 5G in the amusement park industry to be explored.

5. What are the potential benefits of using 5G in the G-Max Reverse Bungee in NZ and SG?

The use of 5G in the G-Max Reverse Bungee can provide a more seamless and immersive experience for riders, as well as enable real-time data collection and analysis for safety and research purposes. It also showcases the potential of 5G in enhancing connectivity in high-traffic and high-speed environments.