Is the PULSE DVD a disaster with scratched disks?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pulse
In summary: Let's have a poll. For all those who don't know and want to know just reply with yes. I too want to know. BTW, can it be true that the real thing did begin from 'there' as Pengwuino said? :rofl:I watched some format of the video a couple of years ago. Now I'm guessing it must have been a VCD, but until now, I didn't know the DVD wasn't out and thought I'd seen the DVD version.Anyway, thanks for the tip Yo!
JamesU
Gold Member
Finally, after several delays on the DVD, PULSE has ust come out on DVD...A few days Ago I went to get it, tonight I got around to watching it...but the first disk is more scratched that anything I've ever seen, and disk 2 has some pretty bad scratches aswell...so now I have 2 DVDs that don't work...:mad:

[/rant]

pengwuino, go away

Physics news on Phys.org
shut up yomamma

be quiet pengwuino, only people with good taste know what PULSE is

What does that have to do with me telling you to shut up

Hmm..I prefer to have that music in a black cover with a triangle on it..
But, with so much other good music as well, it seems like an acceptable choice anyways. :smile:

that you have no right to post in this thread..go away now

Too bad your DVD's are in such a bad shape.

Karma...

Yomammaona penqwuino

Get off of me kid

can somebody link me to the thread that begain the rivalry between yomamma and pengwuino?

rocketboy said:
can somebody link me to the thread that begain the rivalry between yomamma and pengwuino?

Yah, here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_bang"

Last edited by a moderator:
Pengwuino said:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Pengwuino said:

lmfao!

heeheehee <snort>:smile:

If you keep that up, Danger might be in trouble.

George Jones said:
If you keep that up, Danger might be in trouble.
:confused:

Anyhow...
Yomamma, I just saw something on Canada AM that might help. Sounded squirrelly, but apparently is correct. A woman who wrote a 'how-to' book demonstrated removing the scratches from a CD by polishing it with peanut butter (not crunchy) and a piece of cloth. You might want to give it a try. I don't know if it would work properly with a DVD because of the laser frequency being higher, but what do you have to lose?

yomamma said:
Finally, after several delays on the DVD, PULSE has ust come out on DVD...A few days Ago I went to get it, tonight I got around to watching it...but the first disk is more scratched that anything I've ever seen, and disk 2 has some pretty bad scratches aswell...so now I have 2 DVDs that don't work...:mad:

[/rant]

pengwuino, go away

It is just another brick in your wall Yommy, you are a disaster area :smile:

Danger said:
:confused:

Anyhow...
Yomamma, I just saw something on Canada AM that might help. Sounded squirrelly, but apparently is correct. A woman who wrote a 'how-to' book demonstrated removing the scratches from a CD by polishing it with peanut butter (not crunchy) and a piece of cloth. You might want to give it a try. I don't know if it would work properly with a DVD because of the laser frequency being higher, but what do you have to lose?
I've had some success with toothpaste and DVDs.
At least it didn't seem to make it worse, I was able to read more off it.
Use a radial motion.

Getting a new DVD player fixed the problem altogether.
Will it play in somebody elses player?

I once took one apart, the lens assemblies are open and dust gets in them. I think they do this on purpose, it would not be a big job to seal it.
I managed to clean one out years ago when they cost a lot. Really extreme job, but it worked again.

Why don't you simply download them from the web (there are legal p2p programs)? My intranet server here is full of songs and movies, beyond a music fan's wildest dreams.

rocketboy said:
Let's have a poll. For all those who don't know and want to know just reply with yes. I too want to know. BTW, can it be true that the real thing did begin from 'there' as Pengwuino said? :smile:

I watched some format of the video a couple of years ago. Now I'm guessing it must have been a VCD, but until now, I didn't know the DVD wasn't out and thought I'd seen the DVD version.

Anyway, thanks for the tip Yo!

Related to Is the PULSE DVD a disaster with scratched disks?

1. What causes the PULSE DVD to become scratched and unplayable?

The most common cause of scratched PULSE DVDs is mishandling or improper storage. The disks can easily become scratched if they are not placed back into their cases after use, or if they are stored in areas with high levels of dust or dirt.

2. Can the scratches on the PULSE DVD be fixed?

In some cases, minor scratches on the PULSE DVD can be fixed with a disk repair kit or by using toothpaste or baking soda to gently buff out the scratches. However, deep scratches or damages to the data layer of the disk may be irreparable.

3. Are there any precautions I can take to prevent my PULSE DVD from getting scratched?

Yes, there are several precautions you can take to prevent your PULSE DVD from becoming scratched. Always handle the disk with clean hands, and make sure to store it in its case when not in use. Avoid placing the disk on rough or dirty surfaces, and never use abrasive cleaning materials on the disk's surface.

4. Can the PULSE DVD still be watched if it has scratches?

In most cases, minor scratches on the PULSE DVD will not affect its ability to be played. However, deep scratches or damages to the data layer may cause the DVD to skip, freeze, or be unplayable altogether.

5. What should I do if my PULSE DVD is scratched and will not play?

If your PULSE DVD is scratched and will not play, you may need to purchase a new copy of the DVD. However, you can also try using a disk repair kit or gently buffing the scratches out with toothpaste or baking soda. If these methods do not work, it may be necessary to contact the manufacturer for a replacement disk.