1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

QFFF MSc at imperial?

1. Jul 24, 2014 #1
    Hi guys,
    I've got a few questions about the (QFFF) Quantum Fields and Fundamental Forces MSc at Imperial College.

This is my background:
    - I study at Sapienza University of Rome and I just finished my 2nd year of the 3 year "laurea" (the only italian first level degree, equivalent to Bachelor's degree) with Physics. The department of physics is pretty good: according to world university ranking it is 1st in Italy and 8th in Europe.
    - I studied some advanced Theoretical Physics as a hobby during these 2 years.
    - I was selected for the excellence program for undergraduate students of my department. It consists in a set of 3 advanced individual programs, organized by the prof you want. I completed just the first one about tensorial algaebra, a little of general topology and differential geometry with integration on differential manifolds and bundles.
    - My grades at present are pretty good. I have an average score of 29.15/30, so I expect a final score of about 110/110.

My questions:
    - How hard is the course to get into?
    - Is unrealistic to expect to be selected?
    - What can I do to maximize the probability of being selected during the next year?
    Thanks

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted