Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quality of Education Poll (for Canada & U.S)

1. a) High school grade was 2-5% higher

0 vote(s)
  2. b) High school grade was 6-10% higher

1 vote(s)
  3. c) High school grade was 11-20% higher

1 vote(s)
  4. d) High school grade was 21% + higher

1 vote(s)
  5. e) University grade was 2-5% higher

1 vote(s)
  6. f) University grade was 6-10% higher

1 vote(s)
  7. g) University grade was 11-20% higher

0 vote(s)
  8. h) University grade was 21%+

1 vote(s)
  1. May 17, 2007 #1
    I am working on research project on the topic of the quality of education in Canada and the U.S. I was hoping to collect some raw data from university/college students so please answer the poll as honestly as possible. All information will remain anonymous.

I will be posting 3 polls, this is poll 1.

Thank you for you help
    Last edited: May 17, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2007 #2
    I almost failed grade 11, didn't do quite as badly in 12, and now I have an A average in uni. I chose H.
  4. May 18, 2007 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Mine stayed about the same, 3.4ish in both cases. None of your options allow for that.
  5. Jun 8, 2007 #4
    How can you group Canadian and U.S. schools together like that if the quality of education varies with province/state and also considerably with country?
  6. Jun 8, 2007 #5

Staff: Mentor

I can't see these data providing any indication as to the overall quality of education.

One could have low grades and still have a good education. Low grades might be due to stress or laziness, which are two very different problems, and certainly not related to the quality of education.

Re: quality - is it about quality of the the educational system or quality of the individuals receiving the education?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?