1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quality of Education Poll (for Canada & U.S)

1. a) High school grade was 2-5% higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. b) High school grade was 6-10% higher

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. c) High school grade was 11-20% higher

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. d) High school grade was 21% + higher

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. e) University grade was 2-5% higher

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. f) University grade was 6-10% higher

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. g) University grade was 11-20% higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. h) University grade was 21%+

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. May 17, 2007 #1
    I am working on research project on the topic of the quality of education in Canada and the U.S. I was hoping to collect some raw data from university/college students so please answer the poll as honestly as possible. All information will remain anonymous.

I will be posting 3 polls, this is poll 1.

Thank you for you help

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2007 #2
    I almost failed grade 11, didn't do quite as badly in 12, and now I have an A average in uni. I chose H.

4. May 18, 2007 #3

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Mine stayed about the same, 3.4ish in both cases. None of your options allow for that.

5. Jun 8, 2007 #4
    How can you group Canadian and U.S. schools together like that if the quality of education varies with province/state and also considerably with country?

6. Jun 8, 2007 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I can't see these data providing any indication as to the overall quality of education.

One could have low grades and still have a good education. Low grades might be due to stress or laziness, which are two very different problems, and certainly not related to the quality of education.

Re: quality - is it about quality of the the educational system or quality of the individuals receiving the education?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?