Quality of Education Poll (for Canada & U.S)

In summary, the participants are discussing a research project on the quality of education in Canada and the U.S. Polls will be posted for university/college students to provide raw data, with the assurance of anonymity. The conversation then shifts to the issue of grouping Canadian and U.S. schools together and the potential flaws in using grades as a measure of education quality. It is also noted that grades do not necessarily reflect the quality of education, as there are other factors that can affect grades. The question of whether the focus should be on the quality of the educational system or the individuals receiving the education is also brought up.

What is the average grade difference between you final year of high school?

• a) High school grade was 2-5% higher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b) High school grade was 6-10% higher

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • c) High school grade was 11-20% higher

• d) High school grade was 21% + higher

• e) University grade was 2-5% higher

• f) University grade was 6-10% higher

• g) University grade was 11-20% higher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • h) University grade was 21%+

• Total voters
zmike
I am working on research project on the topic of the quality of education in Canada and the U.S. I was hoping to collect some raw data from university/college students so please answer the poll as honestly as possible. All information will remain anonymous.

I will be posting 3 polls, this is poll 1.

Thank you for you help

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I almost failed grade 11, didn't do quite as badly in 12, and now I have an A average in uni. I chose H.

Mine stayed about the same, 3.4ish in both cases. None of your options allow for that.

How can you group Canadian and U.S. schools together like that if the quality of education varies with province/state and also considerably with country?

I can't see these data providing any indication as to the overall quality of education.

One could have low grades and still have a good education. Low grades might be due to stress or laziness, which are two very different problems, and certainly not related to the quality of education.

Re: quality - is it about quality of the the educational system or quality of the individuals receiving the education?

1. What is the purpose of the Quality of Education Poll?

The purpose of the Quality of Education Poll is to gather data and opinions from individuals in Canada and the United States on the current state of education in these countries. This information can then be used to identify areas for improvement and inform policies and initiatives related to education.

2. How is the Quality of Education Poll conducted?

The Quality of Education Poll is typically conducted through surveys and questionnaires that are distributed to a representative sample of individuals in Canada and the United States. These surveys may be conducted online, through phone calls, or in person.

3. Who is responsible for conducting the Quality of Education Poll?

The Quality of Education Poll is typically conducted by organizations or institutions that have a vested interest in education, such as government agencies, educational institutions, or research organizations. These entities may collaborate to conduct the poll and analyze the data collected.

4. What kind of information is collected in the Quality of Education Poll?

The Quality of Education Poll may collect information on a variety of topics related to education, including but not limited to: satisfaction with current education systems, opinions on the quality of teachers and curriculum, access to resources and technology, and overall perceptions of the education system.

5. How is the data from the Quality of Education Poll used?

The data collected from the Quality of Education Poll can be used to inform policies and initiatives aimed at improving the quality of education in Canada and the United States. It can also be used to compare and contrast education systems between the two countries and identify areas for potential collaboration and improvement.