1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantized examples

1. Oct 23, 2006 #1
    All I can think of are electrons and marbles! Oh god, please help. I need examples of quantized values.
    And Quantized means, they're set to a select grouping, like whole numbers vs. real numbers? I'm hoping I'm somewhat on the right track...

Can't time be quantized too?
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2006 #2

Andrew Mason

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I would say that something is "quantized" if there is a non-zero lower limit to the smallest quantity of it that can exist. How about the photon (smallest quantity of light or em radiation), the atom (smallest amount of an element), the cell (the smallest form of life), the movie frame (smallest amount of a movie), the pixel (the smallest part of a digital picture), a tree (smallest part of a forest), a word (smallest part of a language), a letter (smallest part of a word)....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?