Question about universe formation

• Thread starter KTevolved
  • Start date
Could it be possible that our universe was created when another universe bumped into ours thus creating a chain reaction and perhapse sharing its matter with ours? I have this idea the there are billions, trillions or any number of universes in a empty space sort of like how galaxies are mostly in an empty space and occasionally collide sharing matter.

Answers and Replies

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Could it be possible that our universe was created when another universe bumped into ours thus creating a chain reaction and perhapse sharing its matter with ours? I have this idea the there are billions, trillions or any number of universes in a empty space sort of like how galaxies are mostly in an empty space and occasionally collide sharing matter.

Did you read what you just wrote? You asked if our universe could have been created and in the same statement said it already existed.

Speculation about multiverses is just that ... speculation. You would be better off learning some real physics.

No i mean like say you had to empty bubbles and both collided and the energy and heat created matter or 2 super massive black hole in another universe collided with each other an created our universe. From what im told if 2 neutron stars collide there is a massive amout of energy and radiation released so imagine 2 supermassive black holes doing it. Im trying to understand how our universe was created because a sudden release of space time and matter from nothingness doesnt make sense.

Chronos
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The problem common to all 'origin of the universe' models is you eventually face the issue of 'something from nothing' ,or 'turtles all the way down'.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
No i mean like say you had to empty bubbles and both collided and the energy and heat created matter or 2 super massive black hole in another universe collided with each other an created our universe. From what im told if 2 neutron stars collide there is a massive amout of energy and radiation released so imagine 2 supermassive black holes doing it. Im trying to understand how our universe was created because a sudden release of space time and matter from nothingness doesnt make sense.

Ridiculous. If two supermassive black holes collide, what you get is a bigger supermassive black hole. You are positing another universe in order to explain OUR universe. Where did the other universe come from?

Chronos has it right. It's either something from nothing or turtles all the way down.

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
This thread is moving close into the realm of speculation. Please ensure you read the forum rules on overly speculative posts.