Exploring the Science of Color: Common Questions and Answers

• Thread starter yakabod
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Color
In summary, the conversation covers various questions on particles in the air, the function of a spectroscope, atomic spectra, complementary colors, and color mixing. The speaker expresses difficulty in understanding the questions and suggests using a textbook or Google for answers.
yakabod
I have about a lot of questions. and i did around 85% of the work. the other questions i had to leave blank because they were quite confusing and pretty hard for me. These are quite alot..answer what u may wish.. (If No One Wanna Help Thanks Anyways Just don't get mad at me) :)

1. a) Do tiny particles in the air scarrer high or low frequencies of light?

b) What frequencies do large particles scatter?

2. What is a spectroscope, and what is its funtion?

3. Does the red light from glowing neon gas have only one frequency or a mixture of frequencies?

4. Why might atomic spectra be considered the "fingerprints" of atoms?

5. What is the name of the color produced by a mixture of green and blue light?

6. What colors of spots are lit on a television tube to give full color?

7. What are complementary colors?

8. What color is the complement of blue?

9. What color would a yellow cloth appear if illuminated with sunlight? With yellow light? With Blue Light?

10. How could you use the spotlights at a play to make the yellow clothes of the performers suddenly change to black?

( Short Answers will be highly appreciated )

Thank you very much...
Thanks in return :)

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm wondering why you consider these "quite confusing". Each asks for a specific piece of information. Nothing confusing about that. There is no problem to solve or reasoning to do. If you do not already know the information asked for, you look it up in your textbook.

I'm wondering why you consider these "quite confusing". Each asks for a specific piece of information. Nothing confusing about that. There is no problem to solve or reasoning to do. If you do not already know the information asked for, you look it up in your textbook (and I am sure this information IS in your textbook!).

its hard for me :frown:

Some of these answers will be in google.com!
If you textbook doesn't have them...

1. What is color?

Color is a visual perception that is created by light interacting with objects. It is a property of an object that determines how it reflects or emits light, resulting in different hues and shades.

2. How do we see different colors?

The human eye has three types of color receptors called cones, which are sensitive to red, green, and blue light. When these receptors are stimulated by light, they send signals to the brain, which then interprets them as different colors.

3. What is the difference between additive and subtractive color?

Additive color refers to the mixing of different colored lights to create new colors, while subtractive color refers to the mixing of pigments or dyes to create new colors. Additive color creates white when all colors are combined, while subtractive color creates black.

4. Why do colors appear differently under different lighting conditions?

Colors can appear differently under different lighting conditions because the type and intensity of light can affect how we perceive the colors. For example, natural daylight is considered the most accurate lighting for color perception, while artificial indoor lighting can alter the appearance of colors.

5. How do we see the color white?

The color white is created when all colors of the visible spectrum are reflected or emitted equally, stimulating all three types of cones in the human eye. This results in a perception of brightness and lack of hue, which we interpret as white.