Quick induction coil question

In summary, the conversation discusses the varying current and power output in microphones, specifically in dynamic and condenser types. It is mentioned that in dynamic mics, the current and voltage vary with the intensity of the sound wave, while in condenser mics, it is either determined by a DC supply or a permanent charge on the diaphragm. The size of the EMF field and induction coil may also affect the power output ratio.
markiemoo
Hi guys, quick query (at least I think it's quick!).

I know that, in a microphone, when a waveform passes through the electromagnetic field it resonates the diaphragm and in turn moves the induction coil set in the middle, creating a VARYING current...

My question is:

Is the varying current/electrical signal that is generated from the sound vibrating on the diaphragm varied depending on the sound power and/or pressure of the waveform? or limited to the DC powering the microphone itself?

ALSO...

Is the power output ratio dependent on how large the EMF field and induction coil is as well?

Thanks very much guys, I hope I'm not talking jibberish! ha ha.

Physics news on Phys.org
In a dynamic mic, the current/voltage varies with the intensity of the acoustic wave. In a dynamic type of mic, there is no dc powering the element.

In a condenser mic, there is either a dc supply used to polarize the condenser element, or no dc supply is used as there is a permanent charge on the diaphragm. Again, the acoustic intensity determines the mic element current/voltage.

Did I help at all?

Claude

Last edited:
Yes, you have! perfectly.

Thank you very much :)

What is a quick induction coil?

A quick induction coil is an electrical device used to generate high-voltage, high-frequency alternating currents by rapidly changing the magnetic field through a coil of wire.

How does a quick induction coil work?

A quick induction coil works by using an alternating current to rapidly switch on and off the magnetic field through the coil. This causes a high voltage to be induced in the coil, which can then be used for various applications.

What are the applications of a quick induction coil?

A quick induction coil is commonly used in electronic devices, such as televisions and radios, to produce high voltages for powering the screen or speakers. It is also used in scientific experiments, such as in particle accelerators, and in manufacturing processes, such as welding and metal heating.

What are the differences between a quick induction coil and a regular induction coil?

A quick induction coil differs from a regular induction coil in terms of the frequency of the alternating current used. Quick induction coils use high-frequency currents, while regular induction coils use lower frequencies. This allows for faster switching and higher voltages to be produced.

Are there any safety precautions to take when using a quick induction coil?

Yes, it is important to follow proper safety precautions when using a quick induction coil, as they can produce high voltages and currents. This may include wearing protective gear, such as gloves and goggles, and ensuring proper grounding of the equipment. It is also essential to follow manufacturer instructions and use the coil only for its intended purposes.