Enhance Your Content with PF's Quotes Editing Tool

• Thread starter anorlunda
  • Start date
In summary, there are multiple ways to quote text in the Physics Forums editing tool. You can manually insert quote tags, use the green toolbar, or select the text and click the 'Quote' option. It is also possible to add a source for the citation. It is recommended to ask questions about the editing tool in the Feedback and Announcements forum to avoid derailing a thread.
Physics news on Phys.org
anorlunda said:
e-bar-goum, What PF editing tool allows you to show the quoted text a box the way you did?
You can manually insert quote tags by typing them
[QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
or click on the + in the green toolbar and choose Quote

Note also that you can add the source of the citation:
[QUOTE="Wikipedia"]
Wikipedia is not always reliable.

[/QUOTE]
which will look like
Wikipedia said:
Wikipedia is not always reliable.

Next time, please ask this question in the Feedback and Announcements forum, so as not to derail the thread.

Likes anorlunda
anorlunda said:
e-bar-goum, What PF editing tool allows you to show the quoted text a box the way you did?
Put it inside of bb code quote boxes.
Code:
[quote]Stuff you want to quote.[/quote]

Ninja'd. D:

anorlunda said:
As an alternative to the other replies in this thread, you can select the text you want to quote, which opens a small dialog with choices 'Quote' and 'Reply'. Click 'Quote'.

At the bottom of the thread, where it says 'Have something to add?' click the 'Insert Quotes...' button.

I followed this procedure to quote what you said earlier in this thread.

Likes anorlunda

1. How does a quotes editing tool work?

A quotes editing tool works by allowing users to input a quote and the author's name, and then formatting it into a visually appealing design. The tool may also offer options for customizing font styles, colors, and backgrounds to create a personalized quote image.

2. Can I use any quote with a quotes editing tool?

Yes, most quotes editing tools allow users to input any quote they want, as long as it is within the character limit. Some tools may also offer a library of popular quotes to choose from for quick and easy editing.

3. Do I need any special skills to use a quotes editing tool?

No, most quotes editing tools are designed to be user-friendly and require no special skills or technical knowledge. Users simply need to input the quote and author's name, and then select their preferred design options.

4. Are quotes editing tools free to use?

Many quotes editing tools offer free basic features, but may also have premium versions or additional features that require payment. It is important to check the pricing and features of a tool before using it.

5. Can I share my edited quotes on social media?

Yes, most quotes editing tools allow users to easily share their edited quote images on social media platforms. Some tools may even offer direct sharing options to popular social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.