Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Radius of cosmological mass-energy symmetry?

1. May 7, 2003 #1
    Starting at the microscopic entities we observe in our immediate neighborhood outward, then tracing mass-energy evolution from the universal horizon inward, can we determine where processes of both coincide in intermediate space?

Our own Planck regions, quarks, protons, atoms, planets, stars and galaxies span away from our world. Likewise, we theorize or even witness the creation of these bodies in reversed order from the region of the background radiation.

Is there a distance or cosmological redshift for the symmetry that balances these physics? Is there also an explanation that the remote big bang, influenced by the local isometric geometry of expansion, manifests centrally as inhomogeneities?
  2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2003 #2

Science Advisor

Greetings Loren !

I have no idea what you mean (maybe that's
    why I'm the only one answering :wink:).
    I do not see the distinction you appear to

How about this thought :
    According to current physics I believe you
    might say that everything becomes more of
    a blur as it is further away from us in time
    and space. We can think of ourselves as
    our own candles in (an infinite ?) darkness.

Very poetic of me, but completely useless...

Live long and prosper.
  4. May 10, 2003 #3
    Looking outward in many ways is equivalent to looking inward. The entities, particles and energy we experience on smaller and smaller scales, say from hydrogen atom to nucleon to quark, are similar in their exploration by both accelerator and telescope. I am trying to say that there is an equilibrium point where, starting from both observer and deep field, and extrapolating from quark to nucleon to atom to planet to star to galaxy to intergalactic space, these phenomena converge.

It is hard to imagine that what we consider to be the larger scale structures actually are a projection of ancient small scale processes. For instance, would your call the cosmic background radiation an artifact of the macroscopic or microscopic? Is not the initial singularity now spread across the sky? Therefore, what is the middlemost ground?
  5. May 10, 2003 #4

Science Advisor

Greetings !

I'm sorry, but I still do not understand what
    you mean by "the middlemost ground" ?

We have symmetry for space-time in GR and
    symmetries for the other forces in QM,
    are you refering to their points of
    disagreement (doesn't look like that, but
    I don't get it) ?

Live long and prosper.
  6. May 10, 2003 #5
    Take physics at local radius r-->0. This physics is the same as that observed relatively to global radius R-->Rhorizon. Increase the local radius measured to rn=10-13 cm, then observe nucleons correspondent to nucleon production at a relative global distance Rn just within Rhorizon. Increase the local radius measured to rH=10-8 cm, then observe hydrogen correspondent to hydrogen production at a global distance RH<Rn<Rhorizon.

Our Sun is observed to have a local radius of rS=7 x 1010 cm, our Galaxy of rG=7 x 1022 cm, and clusters of up to rc=1025 cm. Reciprocally, the relative scale of initial entity creation follows globally inward from the horizon: stars are formed, then galaxies, then clusters, where Rclusters<Rgalaxies<Rstars<RH<Rn, but rclusters>rgalaxies>rstars>rH>rn.

My question for the equilbrium between local measurement and global production might be phrased "Where is rx first equal to Rx, and for what x?"
  7. May 13, 2003 #6
    We are. We (humans) stand in the middle between the macroscopic large and the microscopic small.
  8. May 13, 2003 #7

Science Advisor

Oh really ? Maybe it's something bigger,
    like our egos...
  9. May 13, 2003 #8

Please refer to my previous posts. Did I ever ask
  10. May 13, 2003 #9

Science Advisor

Actually, I'm STILL not certain what you're
    asking. :frown:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?