What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 756K views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 13,926
- 16,804
Every second counts. You were probably observing odd-numbered minutes.WWGD said:"Every minute counts". Hmmm... I saw a few minutes and I did not see them/ hear them counting.
- 20,819
- 28,467
I guess I will listen especially carefully next time an odd minute comes, to hear whether it counts, too, or not. But usually the fireworks are so loud that it's almost impossible to hear it count. Maybe that's why they release it then.Ibix said:Every second counts. You were probably observing odd-numbered minutes.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 1,266
- 597
WWGD said:Deontological, profilactic sausage encryption? I will hire this guy as the PR guy for my group:
It may not be "random enough", but I was wondering if there is more wisdom to be had from In Living Color, perhaps once a week?
- 13,926
- 16,804
Things I learned from the movies #26: all rooms in Paris have a view of the Eiffel Tower.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Yeah, and all places in Germany are full of flags. If I want to see some, I'll have to watch an American show, 'cause outside it'll be far too troublesome to find any. And of course, the Turkey at the corner selling kebabs automatically turns into some kind of Hofbräuhaus.Ibix said:Things I learned from the movies #26: all rooms in Paris have a view of the Eiffel Tower.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
There is Wisdom galore to be gained from Living Color, particularly from Oswald " Wisdom Galore" Bates.StoneTemplePython said:It may not be "random enough", but I was wondering if there is more wisdom to be had from In Living Color, perhaps once a week?
![]()
- 20,819
- 28,467
Nope, always been a Boo Boo fan.WWGD said:Bear with me: I ran into Yogi at Yellowstone.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 1,266
- 597
WWGD said:There is Wisdom galore to be gained from Living Color, particularly from Oswald " Wisdom Galore" Bates.
I guess my question is:
is this one of those "this is left as an exercise to the reader" situations? Or will we have a (weekly?) guided tour here?
- - - - -
I have a feeling I'll like this Oswald guy. Sounds like a Bond character. I have a feeling DAG may have some wisdom too.
skyshrimp
- 39
- 122
If I added vitamin c powder to a bottle of water and froze it, would the vitamin be destroyed?
- 20,819
- 28,467
Or use Litmus paper to check.
skyshrimp
- 39
- 122
Thanks, Iemon is a good idea and I'll get some litmus paper.
"Vitamin C is susceptible to air and the longer a fruit is frozen, the more vitamin C is lost." - Google
I always thought that when something is frozen, all the atoms stop moving. I don't know why something will get more damaged the longer is it frozen.
I have a smoothie chilling in the fridge made of a whole pineapple, 400ml of coconut cream and dark cane sugar.
"Vitamin C is susceptible to air and the longer a fruit is frozen, the more vitamin C is lost." - Google
I always thought that when something is frozen, all the atoms stop moving. I don't know why something will get more damaged the longer is it frozen.
I have a smoothie chilling in the fridge made of a whole pineapple, 400ml of coconut cream and dark cane sugar.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 3,447
- 3,741
skyshrimp said:"Vitamin C is susceptible to air and the longer a fruit is frozen, the more vitamin C is lost." - Google
I always thought that when something is frozen, all the atoms stop moving. I don't know why something will get more damaged the longer is it frozen.
Google is not much of a source, particularly when it comes to things like nutrition. Google is a good first-order tool for finding sources (on nutrition, for example), but is not source in and of itself. (On the other hand, Alphabet's Google division might be a good source on aspects of search engine technology, for example.)
I think the source of the quote you mentioned comes from an article on livestrong.com (not Google), https://www.livestrong.com/article/361456-nutrition-loss-in-frozen-foods/. But I do not consider that a good source either since it provides no sources of its own to back up its claim.
- 20,819
- 28,467
There's nothing under the sky which doesn't exist somewhere: just found a website named: "mathisnoa...le".
- 20,819
- 28,467
http://matheistkeinarschloch.de/WWGD said:Come on, or Ramon (.org)?
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Ah, Ramon then. Poor guy turned his head all the time.fresh_42 said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Could be worse. It could have bled like $%^\, and it hardly stops if it's the tongue. And as if this wasn't enough, it tastes like licking an I-beam.WWGD said:(Literally) bit my tongue like 4 times in the last few days. Wonder if it is stress-related. It hurts like $%^
- 20,819
- 28,467
Sure. But I haven't figured out why, and your report supports my hypothesis, that once it happened once, it will inevitably happen more than once.WWGD said:Wie Jimmy Sagte : Hast du Ehrfarung?
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 1,266
- 597
And now for a call back to the first of the month
- - - - -
Frequently people choose to to bite their tongue instead of saying something disruptive, like I dunno...
- - - - -
WWGD said:(Literally) bit my tongue like 4 times in the last few days. Wonder if it is stress-related. It hurts like $%^
Frequently people choose to to bite their tongue instead of saying something disruptive, like I dunno...
WWGD said:...he introduces it and I just blurt out a " Oh $%^& " ( I thought they would interrupt my work ) and a bunch of people turn to look my way.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Somewhere on the ground of the North Sea between Denmark and England. Hardy lost it there.nuuskur said:Hmm, where's the proof of RH? :D
Similar threads
- DJeffs
- · Replies 15 ·
- STEM Career Guidance
- Replies
- 15
- Cait
- · Replies 1 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 1
- Replies
- 2