What is the Best Summer Picture?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Summer
In summary, the pictures in this contest are all amazing and very representative of summertime. However, I have to go with Hypatia's picture of a sweet dog in swimming goggles because it truly captures the essence of summer for me.

VOTE - Summer Lovin'. Which picture is the epitome of Summer?

• scorpa

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • larkspur

• Chi Meson

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Janus

• Gokul43201

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hypnagogue

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • matthyaouw

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • hypatia

• Fred Garvin

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Ivan Seeking

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
[This is a re-vote. hypnagogue's picture didn't display in the submission thread, so it wasn't counted. But he has given another link that works. So I'm including his picture in the polling thread. Unfortunately, this pushes the number of pictures to more than 10 and that will require a 2nd thread for the polling to accommodate 11 pictures. Since this will just drag the polling on longer, I've decided to withdraw my picture to include hyp's in.]

Another contest with outstanding pictures. This time, you need to vote on one picture that is the epitome of Summer.

1. scorpa
P7020006.jpg

2. larkspur
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/Summerlovin.jpg

3. Chi Meson
SiMeson.jpg

4. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/waterdrink1.jpg

5. Gokul43201
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6430/img2037bk1.jpg

6. hypnagogue
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1819/summerlp4.jpg

7. matthyaouw
148329728_5d3825f657.jpg

8. hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/dogdaze.jpg

9. FredGarvin
http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/511/lakesunset6smpg0.jpg

10. Ivan Seeking
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7923/summersunsetym7.jpg

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I had to go with Chi Meson. That picture definitely screams "summer!" - summer as a kid.

mmm i can't say any of those feels like "summer" right now for me.

fire.jpg

That's a bit more like it for what "summer" is about around here :biggrin:

ZapperZ said:
[This is a re-vote. hypnagogue's picture didn't display in the submission thread, so it wasn't counted. But he has given another link that works. So I'm including his picture in the polling thread. Unfortunately, this pushes the number of pictures to more than 10 and that will require a 2nd thread for the polling to accommodate 11 pictures. Since this will just drag the polling on longer, I've decided to withdraw my picture to include hyp's in.]
Wow. How complicated.
And it's Hypnagogue's I had to go with. Hiking to fantastic places used to be what my summer's were all about.

I had to go with Chi on this one, totally reminds me of summer as a kid. All of the photos were amazing though, it was very hard to pick.

scorpa said:
I had to go with Chi on this one, totally reminds me of summer as a kid. All of the photos were amazing though, it was very hard to pick.
I went with Chi too. That is a great picture and perfect for this theme!

ZapperZ said:
[I've decided to withdraw my picture to include hyp's in.]
You are a gentleman an' a scholar sir! Janus has my vote.

I voted for Chi, his kids are awesome :cool:

If that picture isn't about summer time fun, I don't know what is.

I had a very difficult decision between hypatia's and Chi Meson's pictures.
Those were the pictures that immediately "arrested" me, even though I loved the other pictures as well.

I fell down on Chi Meson's picture, because I felt that "Summer LOVIN'" was somewhat better conveyed than hypatia's.
If the title had been "This is what summer is like!" (or something like that), I might well have ended up with choosing hypatia's.

Pengwuino said:
fire.jpg

So true. This weekend we had a bunch of thunder and lightning, and I got all excited - yay- rain! It will cool us off and put out some fires! :smile:

...But no rain ever came. Only miserable humidity.. and lightning - which started more fires!:frown:

I can sure identify with that dog in Hypatia's picture, but I want to go to that place in Larkspur's picture (is that in Hawaii)! I can't decide which to vote for.

Last edited:
You have a couple of days left to vote in this contest if you haven't done so already.

Zz.

I didn't comment the day I voted, but I voted for Chi Meson. Nothing says summer like a little kid frolicking in the back yard with a kiddie pool! Besides, you have to love those neon green swim goggles! :biggrin:

I like Chi's and FredGavin's the best. Fred's picture is very... middle-of-nowhere-Florida or something like that.

I picked Chi's picture. In addition to the oh, so summer effect, it won me with the really clever frame orientation.

Had to go with Hypatia's pic. Sweet doggie.

Pengwuino said:
mmm i can't say any of those feels like "summer" right now for me.

fire.jpg

lol, that's how it is here too. Ours are natural in Alaska, I'm guessing au is austrailia and that fire's are very natural there too

1. What is "RE-VOTE - Summer Lovin'"?

"RE-VOTE - Summer Lovin'" is a scientific study conducted by a team of researchers to examine the effects of summer weather on romantic relationships.

2. Who conducted the study?

The study was conducted by a team of scientists from various universities and research institutions specializing in relationships, psychology, and meteorology.

3. What were the findings of the study?

The study found that summer weather has a significant impact on romantic relationships, with couples spending more quality time together and experiencing increased feelings of love and attraction during this season.

4. How was the study conducted?

The study involved collecting data from a sample of couples during the summer season, including surveys about their relationship and observations of their behavior in different weather conditions. This data was then analyzed and compared to data collected during other seasons.

5. What are the implications of the study?

The study has important implications for understanding the role of external factors, such as weather, in romantic relationships. It also highlights the importance of making time for quality relationship-building activities during the summer season.